    John Davis Guest

    Does any one know of any good programs to stop all this annoying junk mail I
    get. Sick of folk telling me I need a bigger willy!!!!
    John Davis, Sep 14, 2003

  2. John Davis

    Boomer Guest

    John Davis said:

    > Does any one know of any good programs to stop all this annoying
    > junk mail I get. Sick of folk telling me I need a bigger
    > willy!!!!

    Maybe this?

    EmC (Email Control) is an anti-spam tool that allows you to
    reduce the number of junk mails arriving in your inbox.
    The program works with a combination of filters, that can
    be customized by the user and checks the mail while it is
    still on your ISPs server.
    Tested with Windows 9x,ME,2K,NT with DialUp or Cable or ADSL

    http://www.abreuretto.com/anti-spam/indexi.htm
    Boomer, Sep 14, 2003

  3. John Davis

    °Mike° Guest

    How do spammers harvest email addresses
    http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html

    SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
    http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm

    How To Deal With Spam
    http://pobox.com/nospam.html

    Korean Spam Filter
    http://www.siue.edu/~jpogats/korea.html

    SPAM Tips and help
    http://spam.abuse.net/spam/userhelp/

    SpamCop
    http://spamcop.net/

    SpamCop FAQ Parsing and reporting spam
    http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/16.html

    A Quick Guide to E-Mail Headers
    http://real.fissure.org/articles/headers.shtml

    Reading Email Headers
    http://www.stopspam.org/email/headers/headers.html

    Dealing With Junk Email
    http://www.jcrdesign.com/junkemaildeal.html

    The SPAM-L FAQ
    http://www.claws-and-paws.com/spam-l/index.html

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:19:52 +0100, in
    <zP59b.899$>
    John Davis scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Sep 14, 2003
  4. John Davis

    Computer Guy Guest

    Hello,
    Go to www.firetrust.com and take a look at MailWasher Pro. It allows you to
    screen mail waiting for you
    on the ISP's mail server. You can delete them from within the program. There
    is also a companion program
    called Benign. This program cleans up what you DO download. Both of them
    working together are a super
    defense to stop junk or Spam e-mail. They are shareware and not freeware.
    Plan on spending a few $$$.
    However, in my humble opinion, it is $$$ well spent.
    As an example, I receive at least 30-40 e-mail's per day and better than 90%
    are Spam. I just delete them
    from the server and download the 4-6 that I want to see. If some are HTML
    Benign springs into action
    and looks at html tags,.gif files that may have hidden scripts, etc. Really
    a remarkable combination.
    You do not to need to create filters using these programs, however they can
    certainly help.
    DennisC

    Computer Guy, Sep 15, 2003
  5. John Davis

    Bigfred Guest

    try this set it to aggressive mode and only mails on your friends list i.e
    in your address book will be received everything else Spam is caught. I have
    used it and found it to be the best anti spam programme around.
    http://www.spamihilator.com/index2.php?lang=en
    You could also get rid of your email address and start again. Go to your web
    mail supplied by your ISP close your mail box account down open a new one.
    Don,t post your email address on newsgroups use a false one as that's how
    spammers get your email address. If buying goods or downloading software on
    the net use a hotmail e mail address. Hotmail is free and has excellent
    blocking features.

    Bigfred, Sep 16, 2003