    I am still getting over 600 emails a day and wonder if this new law has
    become effective. What should I do to report please?

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Dec 13, 2003

  2. the **** spam law fucking gives the fucking spammers the fucking right to
    spam your ass, so nothing. you fucking can report spam the same fucking way
    as before bitch, http://www.spamcop.net

    Cletis.

    Cletis Perkins, Dec 14, 2003

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Rob K Guest

    "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" wrote in
    <lWNCb.1395$> :
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am still getting over 600 emails a day and wonder if this new law has
    > become effective. What should I do to report please?
    >
    > Rajinder

    Yes, the new law is in place.
    http://tinyurl.com/z4g0
    Will it be effective ? That remains to be seen.

    One way of reporting spam (there are more)
    http//www.spamcop.com

    If you're getting 600 spams a day, I'd seriously consider creating new
    e-mail addresses and *not* , *never ever* giving them away to websites,
    newsgroups, mailinglists etc etc, iow the new addies go only to
    individuals you can absolutely trust.

    Also, read the threads in this group about spam, protecting yourself
    against spam, and how to munge. Links:
    How do spammers harvest email addresses
    <http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html>

    SPAM - Munging Your Email Address
    <http://members.aol.com/emailfaq/mungfaq.html>
    <http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm>

    How To Deal With Spam
    <http://pobox.com/nospam.html>

    Korean Spam Filter
    <http://www.siue.edu/~jpogats/korea.html>

    SPAM Tips and help
    <http://spam.abuse.net/spam/userhelp/>

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Dec 14, 2003
  4. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Rob K Guest

    "Cletis Perkins" wrote in
    <> :
    > the **** spam law fucking gives the fucking spammers the fucking right to
    > spam your ass, so nothing. you fucking can report spam the same fucking way
    > as before bitch, http://www.spamcop.net
    >
    > Cletis.

    <snip>

    Are you comfortable with your attitude towards sexuality ?

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Dec 14, 2003
  5. yea, I fucked your mom last night, she only fucking charged me a penny. so
    go **** yourself bitch.

    Cletis.

    Cletis Perkins, Dec 14, 2003
  6. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    olfart Guest

    "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <> wrote in
    message news:lWNCb.1395$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am still getting over 600 emails a day and wonder if this new law

    has
    > become effective. What should I do to report please?
    >
    > Rajinder

    If you insist on using your real email address when posting to
    newsgroups you will continue to get tons of spam.
    Instead of complaining to someone else get your act together and read
    some of the info offered here on "munging"

    olfart, Dec 14, 2003
  7. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Conor Guest

    In article <lWNCb.1395$>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am still getting over 600 emails a day and wonder if this new law has
    > become effective. What should I do to report please?

    It only affects spam originating from within the UK or from a UK
    company.

    --
    Conor

    A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.

    Conor, Dec 14, 2003
  8. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    d w a c o n Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am still getting over 600 emails a day and wonder if this new law has
    > become effective. What should I do to report please?

    It is questionable how successful the federal law will be. Some think it
    will be like the recently signed Medicare legislation... that basically
    screws a lot of senior citizens (think I'll move to Mexico when I hit 70).

    However, the state laws still have teeth so far... as evidenced in this
    article: http://tinyurl.com/ywsr

    --
    The generation that used acid to escape reality
    Is now using antacid to deal with reality

    d w a c o n, Dec 14, 2003
  9. Actually, Spamcop is a huge evil PIA. Most true spammers know how to get
    around Spamcop...and we've been hit twice with ignorant spamcop reports.
    Once a customer inadvertantly included their own email address in the
    report...and once, believe it or not, Spamcop listed us because of forged
    headers on a spam complaint. When we tried to work with Spamcop and get off
    their "list"...it was completely pointless. Their reply was that the 'list'
    isn't supposed to be used in real production enviroments (it says so right
    on their site)...so any ISP that had us blacklisted, based on Spamcop's
    'list', was doing so on their own accord.

    We take spam VERY seriously. We have a zero tolerance policy. We've always
    complied with taking care of any geniune spam complaints (a total of maybe
    1/2 dozen in the last 6 years) very quickly and thoroughly. I hate spam
    more than the average person, and I used to recommend SpamCop...no more.
    Their system is flawed and hurts innocent businesses and individuals.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com
    20% Discount Code: newsgroup

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Dec 14, 2003
  10. Thank you for your detailed reply.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Dec 14, 2003
  11. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Greg M Guest

    Conor <> wrote in

    > In article <lWNCb.1395$>,
    > says...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am still getting over 600 emails a day and wonder if this new law has
    >> become effective. What should I do to report please?
    >>

    > It only affects spam originating from within the UK or from a UK
    > company.
    >

    > --
    > Conor
    >
    > A high I.Q is like a Jeep. You still get stuck, just further from help.

    mmm. Like da sig.

    I once trashed a pretty, good buddy.... suggesting he had * a thousand
    horsepower* , running on bicycle tires. <eg>

    Greg M, Dec 14, 2003