    Any help appriaciated.

    Cheers

    Scott
    Scott McCarthy, May 7, 2004

  2. Scott McCarthy wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced this? I've just upgraded to TB 0.6, and
    > I've noticed that a lot more junk is getting through into my inbox than
    > before in 0.5. I know that one of the changes in 0.5 is "improved junk
    > filter" but it seems worse to me! Or is there something I'm missing?
    >
    > The Junk filter is active, as it does trap some junk, but nowhere near
    > as much as in 0.5.
    >
    > Any help appriaciated.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Scott

    I don't think this should really be. training.dat, the junk mail rule
    file, is stored in your profile, and should be unaffected by the new
    install, unless you have chosen to delete it and start afresh.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
    Leonidas Jones, May 8, 2004

  3. Scott McCarthy

    Edd Guest

    from the Thunderbird release notes:

    "To get the best possible experience from the new junk mail controls, we
    highly recommend that you re-train the filters from scratch. Tools >
    Junk Mail Controls > Adaptive Filters > Reset Training Data. Be sure to
    train an equal number of good and junk messages. We recommend several
    hundred messages of each."

    Hope this helps

    Cheers
    //Edd