Jumpy mouse & sounds gitter when I click anything with it

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Grandpa Chuck, Feb 18, 2008.

  1. After several hours of being idle if I use the mouse the cursor jumps
    or jerks when we use it. Also there is an extremely fast repeating of
    the audio normally heard.

    The only way to bring it out of it that we have found is to reboot.

    I know I asked a similar question a week or so back, but in the
    meantime lost all of the posting in the newsgroup.

    I have not yet checked for an updated driver for the Microsoft
    wireless mouse and keyboard, but will as soon as I send this message.

    The computer we are having the problem with is a P4 with 1G of memory
    and two 100G hard drives.

    Thank you for your suggestions.
    --

    Grandpa Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    Please grant me:
    the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
    the courage to change the one that I can
    the wisdom to know that it is me

    Grandpa Chuck, Feb 18, 2008

  2. Grandpa Chuck

    Tony Guest

    Tell me Grandpa Chuck do you live in a place that the climate is so cold
    you could literally freeze to death in 2 seconds flat if you stepped
    outside?

    Tony, Feb 19, 2008

  3. Not quite that quickly but we have had more than our share of nights
    below zero and some days less than five above. We have had more snow
    this year than we have for a very long time starting in early
    December. We did not get a "January thaw" like we normally do.
    My wife and I have been talking about how we are going to make some
    changes in our garden this year just to take our minds off the cold.

    Last night on the news they said some people have had their furnaces
    freezing up from things as simple as failing to change the filters
    once a month. They said if you notice frost forming on the outside
    natural gas pipe where it comes into the house to call the gas company
    immediately. Last night there were still a number of state highways
    that were drifted shut and travel was not advised at all from the
    strong winds and drifting snows.

    Oh, for days of spring and blooming daffodils and tulips!

    Grandpa Chuck, Feb 20, 2008
  4. By the way, can you or someone tell me where to get an updated
    download for my wireless keyboard and mouse?

    When I ran a search everyone wanted to be paid.

    I did reinstall the original software and it helped some, but it still
    does what it shouldn't some of the time.

    Grandpa Chuck, Feb 21, 2008
  5. Grandpa Chuck

    Guest

    Grandpa Chuck <> wrote:

    >By the way, can you or someone tell me where to get an updated
    >download for my wireless keyboard and mouse?
    >
    > When I ran a search everyone wanted to be paid.
    >
    >I did reinstall the original software and it helped some, but it still
    >does what it shouldn't some of the time.

    Google the number on the bottom of the mouse.
    or
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx

    >On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:16:38 -0500, Tony <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Tell me Grandpa Chuck do you live in a place that the climate is so cold
    >>you could literally freeze to death in 2 seconds flat if you stepped
    >>outside?
    >>
    >>Grandpa Chuck wrote:
    >>
    >>> After several hours of being idle if I use the mouse the cursor jumps
    >>> or jerks when we use it. Also there is an extremely fast repeating of
    >>> the audio normally heard.
    >>>
    >>> The only way to bring it out of it that we have found is to reboot.
    >>>
    >>> I know I asked a similar question a week or so back, but in the
    >>> meantime lost all of the posting in the newsgroup.
    >>>
    >>> I have not yet checked for an updated driver for the Microsoft
    >>> wireless mouse and keyboard, but will as soon as I send this message.
    >>>
    >>> The computer we are having the problem with is a P4 with 1G of memory
    >>> and two 100G hard drives.
    >>>
    >>> Thank you for your suggestions.
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Grandpa Chuck
    >>> -ô¿ô-
    >>> ~
    >>>
    >>> Please grant me:
    >>> the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
    >>> the courage to change the one that I can
    >>> the wisdom to know that it is me

    --

    Optical Illusion: Contrast Asynchrony
    http://tinyurl.com/2qs5wu

    , Feb 21, 2008
  6. Thanks Pennywise. I don't have time this morning, but I saved you
    posting so I can bring it right up hopefully this evening.

    Grandpa Chuck, Feb 21, 2008