  1. crb

    crb Guest

    win98 and it started doing this. whats up and where to look?

    crb, Jul 16, 2005

  2. crb

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "crb" <> wrote in message news:...
    > win98 and it started doing this. whats up and where to look?

    Your mouse is locking up? Or the whole computer?

    If the mouse is jumpy and stops moving, get a new one. It probably is the
    cable right at the point it comes out of the mouse. The fine wires inside
    wear and break at that place from the cable being bent back and forth.
    Typically, I had to replace mice every 3 or 4 years (before I got the
    cordless ones.)

    Fortunately, at the cost of mice, it's not that big a problem anymore. In
    fact, I saw a cordless mouse at www.cyberguys.com for about $9.00. (I doubt
    it's very good quality, but it was cheap <g>!)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 16, 2005