    How should I set the jumpers on the HD and the CDrom? (Example: CD=Slave,
    HD=Master?)

    Thanks for your help.

    Kwilly, Apr 12, 2006

  2. Kwilly

    James Guest

    "Kwilly" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I use WinXP and am trying to set my EIDE HD and CDrom properly.
    >
    > Both are on the same ribbon on IDE channel one on the mainboard. The CD
    > would use the connector on the end of the cable, the HD would use the
    > connector in the middle.
    >
    > How should I set the jumpers on the HD and the CDrom? (Example: CD=Slave,
    > HD=Master?)
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    The item on the end of the cable should be classed as master, the item in
    the middle as slave.

    Or assuming both work correctly, "Cable Select" should five you the same
    effect.

    James, Apr 12, 2006

  3. Kwilly

    Shell Guest

    On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:42:26 -0700, Kwilly wrote:

    > I use WinXP and am trying to set my EIDE HD and CDrom properly.
    >
    > Both are on the same ribbon on IDE channel one on the mainboard. The CD
    > would use the connector on the end of the cable, the HD would use the
    > connector in the middle.
    >
    > How should I set the jumpers on the HD and the CDrom? (Example: CD=Slave,
    > HD=Master?)
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    Like you said should do it. If not try the HD on CableSelect.

    Shell, Apr 12, 2006
  4. Kwilly

    Kwilly Guest

    Thanks for the help!

    Happy Easter to you all. He Is Risen!

    Kwilly, Apr 12, 2006
  5. Kwilly

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Kwilly" <> wrote in message
    >I use WinXP and am trying to set my EIDE HD and CDrom properly.

    Keep Hard Drives and CD drives on separate busses, your ATA100 drive will
    drop to ATA33 to match the CD

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 13, 2006
  6. Kwilly

    Spuds Guest

    On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:46:14 -0700, "Kwilly" <> wrote:

    >Thanks for the help!
    >
    >Happy Easter to you all. He Is Risen!

    Easter's been cancelled this year.
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=354741
    --
    Half of the people in the world are below average.

    Spuds, Apr 13, 2006