    msi kt3 ultra2 with an athlon 1800+ and an asus p2b with a pII 300.
    i want my computers to work. anybody?
    , Sep 30, 2003

  2. wrote:
    > something happened to cause both of my networked computers to
    > completely shut down, whether there was a massive power surge or
    > somebody was screwing around with them or intentionally f***ed with
    > them I don't know, all I know is suddenly neither of them would turn
    > on at all. No power whatsoever. So I removed the jumpers and cmos
    > batteries in both and put them back and got them both going again,
    > power comes on and you can hear the hard drive start up, no video card
    > error sound and the monitors say they work but there is no video
    > output at all, not even bios screen. shit. waaaaa...

    Just went through that with mine, and found - by substitution - a bad
    mobo. But why two -- in your case? That's pretty weird.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    NEW 9/25/03:
    Blinky the Shark, Sep 30, 2003

  3. try replacing the gfx cards (if the original were AGP, try replacing them
    with PCI or ISA as agp controllers seem to have a very short shelf life in
    my experience

    Gareth Howells, Sep 30, 2003