    anamorphic. All info appreciated. Can anyone who has it comment on the
    picture quality?

    Aphelion

    Aphelion, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Aphelion

    Writer R5 Guest

    No. Just letterboxed.

    Mark
    GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
    http://www.genreonline.net
    Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster

    Writer R5, Jul 3, 2003

  3. Aphelion

    Brandon Guest

    > Terrible movie, sure, but I was wondering if the DVD is presented in
    > anamorphic widescreen. The DVD case doesn't say and Amazon describes it

    as
    > anamorphic. All info appreciated. Can anyone who has it comment on the
    > picture quality?

    Judge Dredd is one of my absolute lowest of the low guilty pleasures,
    probably because I like the comic so much. However, in regards to it being
    anamorphic... I actually don't know. I purchased it when it first came out,
    and it was not anamorphic, not stated on the box, and had to be stretched to
    be viewed properly on my television (Toshiba widescreen). Recently, a few
    months back, I saw it in the store and on the back of the box it *does*
    state it is 16x9 enhanced and anamorphic. Besides that, though, the box is
    exactly the same. I purchased it, put it in, and it was *not* anamorphic,
    same exact release.

    I asked this same question a little while ago elsewhere, and one person
    responded that his was, in fact, anamorphic, and I had no reason not to
    believe him. Both of my versions have, at the top in purple, "Widescreen
    Edition," and while they are both widescreen, neither is anamorphic. He
    stated his version does not say "Widescreen" at the top on the front of the
    box, and sure enough, I was at Best Buy the other day, and I saw one Judge
    Dredd box without the label at the top, and on the back, it said it was
    enhanced for widescreen sets. I did not purchase it, though, after my last
    problem.

    So, in the end, I simply don't know. Hopefully someone else can fill us in.

    Brandon

    Brandon, Jul 3, 2003
  4. Aphelion

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    If it helps any, there is an anamorphic edition of the film in Australia
    (region 4 PAL) that can be purchased cheaply if you have a region-free
    player.

    Joshua Zyber, Jul 3, 2003