    Helloooo,

    Does anyone know about this prog? It got into my computer a few weeks ago.

    TIA
    Loony, Feb 6, 2013

  2. Loony

    Robert Baer Guest

    Loony wrote:
    > Helloooo,
    >
    > Does anyone know about this prog? It got into my computer a few weeks ago.
    >
    > TIA

    What is relevant, is the fact you are questioning it = = meaning you
    did not ask for it = = meaning it is a guaranteed malware program.
    You should have deleted it IMMEDIATELY on finding it.
    Then next step is to see if it popped back (very possible).
    These damn things are on the hard drive and in memory and deleting
    one does no good because they support each other (but there is a time
    delay, which can be used for removal under certain conditions).

    Make both visible: Windows Explorer in one window looking at the
    folder where it is, and Task Manager in second window to see it running
    so it can be deleted.
    Try deleting process first then immediately deleting file and shut
    down / logoff.
    Restart, and as fast as possible delete the process, then the file;
    shut down.
    You may have to reverse the order, and do the procedure a number of
    times.
    Theoretically, a good AV program would have prevented it from getting
    into the system, and theoretically a good AV program will remove it on
    scanning the whole system.
    Robert Baer, Feb 7, 2013

  3. Loony

    Newsworthy Guest