    TIA.

    --
    <<<Watch out for the spamtrap >>>

    Ramases, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Ramases

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Ramases" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Hi
    >
    > Why do I keep getting these and how do I stop them? I am running XP
    > Home on a modern PC. They seem particularly prevalent in Ebay. I have
    > Java permissions set to High Security, but changing doesn't seem to
    > make any difference. This is driving me mad and I can't find anything
    > on the 'net to help.
    >
    > TIA.

    If you're only getting the JScript runtime errors at EBay, then it maybe
    due to bad JScript programming at the Website. Are you having this same
    difficulty while surfing other Websites?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 24, 2004

  3. Ramases

    Ramases Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > "Ramases" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Why do I keep getting these and how do I stop them? I am running XP
    > > Home on a modern PC. They seem particularly prevalent in Ebay. I have
    > > Java permissions set to High Security, but changing doesn't seem to
    > > make any difference. This is driving me mad and I can't find anything
    > > on the 'net to help.
    > >
    > > TIA.
    > >

    > If you're only getting the JScript runtime errors at EBay, then it maybe
    > due to bad JScript programming at the Website. Are you having this same
    > difficulty while surfing other Websites?
    >
    > Duane :)

    Hi Duane

    I don't seem to be, but as I spend a lot of time on Ebay and much less on
    other sites I can't be certain. It seems to have started a couple of weeks
    ago (and the look of Ebay UK has changed a bit recently)so maybe they
    changed something?

    Cheers.

    --
    <<<Watch out for the spamtrap >>>

    Ramases, Aug 24, 2004
  4. Ramases

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Ramases wrote:

    Web-site "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >> "Ramases" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > Hi
    >> >
    >> > Why do I keep getting these and how do I stop them? I am running XP
    >> > Home on a modern PC. They seem particularly prevalent in Ebay. I have
    >> > Java permissions set to High Security, but changing doesn't seem to
    >> > make any difference. This is driving me mad and I can't find anything
    >> > on the 'net to help.
    >> >
    >> > TIA.
    >> >

    >> If you're only getting the JScript runtime errors at EBay, then it maybe
    >> due to bad JScript programming at the Website. Are you having this same
    >> difficulty while surfing other Websites?
    >>
    >> Duane :)
    >>

    > Hi Duane
    >
    > I don't seem to be, but as I spend a lot of time on Ebay and much less on
    > other sites I can't be certain. It seems to have started a couple of weeks
    > ago (and the look of Ebay UK has changed a bit recently)so maybe they
    > changed something?
    >
    > Cheers.

    In some cases with Web-site programming, the developers are un-aware that
    the user(s) are having such issues and Scripts are abending or producing
    unsuspected results until the issues are reported. If the JScript errors
    are a concern to you, then you should send an email to the *Contact US*,
    Web master, or even make a phone call to them about the issues and have
    them look into them.

    I have done such as above on a couple of occasions with a Web-site I
    frequent when new changes were introduced that caused problems with the
    Web-site. You may have to report the issues a couple of times to get their
    attention.

    Duane :)

    I am an *unregistered* Linux user. Unreg# 99999999999999999

    Duane Arnold, Aug 24, 2004
  5. Ramases

    > Ramases wrote:
    >

    > Web-site "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Ramases" <> wrote in

    > >> If you're only getting the JScript runtime errors at EBay, then it

    maybe
    > >> due to bad JScript programming at the Website. Are you having this same
    > >> difficulty while surfing other Websites?
    > >>
    > >> Duane :)
    > >>

    > > Hi Duane
    > >
    > > I don't seem to be, but as I spend a lot of time on Ebay and much less

    on
    > > other sites I can't be certain. It seems to have started a couple of

    weeks
    > > ago (and the look of Ebay UK has changed a bit recently)so maybe they
    > > changed something?
    > >
    > > Cheers.
    > >

    > In some cases with Web-site programming, the developers are un-aware that
    > the user(s) are having such issues and Scripts are abending or producing
    > unsuspected results until the issues are reported. If the JScript errors
    > are a concern to you, then you should send an email to the *Contact US*,
    > Web master, or even make a phone call to them about the issues and have
    > them look into them.
    >
    > I have done such as above on a couple of occasions with a Web-site I
    > frequent when new changes were introduced that caused problems with the
    > Web-site. You may have to report the issues a couple of times to get their
    > attention.
    >
    > Duane :)
    >
    > I am an *unregistered* Linux user. Unreg# 99999999999999999

    Hi Duane

    Thanks for that. I'll give it a try.

    --
    <<<Watch out for the spamtrap >>>