js3250.dll problem with Thunderbird

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Martin C, Dec 13, 2006.

  1. Martin C

    Martin C Guest

    I have been using Forte Free Agent as my newsgroup reader for years,
    and decided yesterday to try Thunderbird.

    I downloaded the version on the official site and installed it, but
    when I tried to access 'help' to find out how to read newsgroups, I
    got an error message about js3250.dll. Tried again, same result.

    Then I tried using Firefox 2.0 to access the Tbird help website, and I
    am not sure what I did next, but I then got that same js3250.dll error
    message in Firefox.

    Reinstalling Thunderbird did not resolve the problem and ultimately, I
    had to install an earlier version of Firefox (1.5) and have not been
    game to try Thunderbird again.

    Have any others had a similar experience, and if so, what is the
    solution?

    Martin C

    Martin C, Dec 13, 2006

  2. Martin C

    Guest

    Martin C wrote:
    > I have been using Forte Free Agent as my newsgroup reader for years,
    > and decided yesterday to try Thunderbird.
    >
    > I downloaded the version on the official site and installed it, but
    > when I tried to access 'help' to find out how to read newsgroups, I
    > got an error message about js3250.dll. Tried again, same result.
    >
    > Then I tried using Firefox 2.0 to access the Tbird help website, and I
    > am not sure what I did next, but I then got that same js3250.dll error
    > message in Firefox.
    >
    > Reinstalling Thunderbird did not resolve the problem and ultimately, I
    > had to install an earlier version of Firefox (1.5) and have not been
    > game to try Thunderbird again.
    >
    > Have any others had a similar experience, and if so, what is the
    > solution?
    >
    > Martin C

    try this:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser_w...ted_in_the_dynamic_link_library_js3250.dll.22
    and maybe these:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_...1&as_maxd=12&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=2006&safe=off

    , Dec 13, 2006

  3. On 12/12/2006 10:23 PM, Martin C wrote:
    > I have been using Forte Free Agent as my newsgroup reader for years,
    > and decided yesterday to try Thunderbird.
    >
    > I downloaded the version on the official site and installed it, but
    > when I tried to access 'help' to find out how to read newsgroups, I
    > got an error message about js3250.dll. Tried again, same result.
    >
    > Then I tried using Firefox 2.0 to access the Tbird help website, and I
    > am not sure what I did next, but I then got that same js3250.dll error
    > message in Firefox.
    >
    > Reinstalling Thunderbird did not resolve the problem and ultimately, I
    > had to install an earlier version of Firefox (1.5) and have not been
    > game to try Thunderbird again.
    >
    > Have any others had a similar experience, and if so, what is the
    > solution?
    >
    > Martin C

    http://clipmarks.com/clipmark/FAE096BA-895B-41BB-ACA6-C617605A7235/

    http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=js3250.dll&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz2

    I hope one of those links can help you.

    Mumia W. (reading news), Dec 13, 2006
  4. Martin C

    Martin C Guest

    Thanks for the suggestions - since returning to Firefox 1.5, I find I
    prefer it to 2.0 anyway, so I'll stay with it. I may try Thunderbird
    at some stage, but not just now.

    Martin C

    Martin C, Dec 13, 2006