    installed in the future when/if 64 bit applets are written as there will be
    two versions in web content?

    Thanks
    Steven Wakeman, May 19, 2005

  2. Steven Wakeman

    Rick Guest

    Sun has not released a 64-bit version of Java for Win x64 that includes
    browser support. This is stated in 2 or 3 place on the Java Web site
    that there is no browser support in the AMD64 version of Java Runtime
    Edition, as well as the Java Development Kit.

    Rick, May 19, 2005

  3. If the 64-bit JRE worked in the 64-bit IE, then it would all Java
    applications in 64-bit mode. Java applets/applications are not compiled to
    native machine code, instead the depend on the JRE to "translate" it while
    you run your java applet/program. And on a sidenote, the Microsoft .NET
    Framework actually uses a similar approach.

    Oh, and if/when the 64-Bit JRE worked in IE, you'd need to be using the
    64-bit Internet Explorer to use it.

    --
    Ryan Hoffman
    Extended64.com - http://www.extended64.com

    Windows x64 Support Forums: http://www.extended64.com/Forums/
    Extended64.com's Windows x64 Blogs: http://www.extended64.com/Blogs/

    Ryan Hoffman [Extended64.com], May 20, 2005
  4. Steven Wakeman

    Steve Guest

    Thanks for the replies guys :)

    Steve