.jpg preview problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by bluemaxx, Jun 21, 2004.

  1. bluemaxx

    bluemaxx Guest

    I reformatted my machine recently and reloaded WIN ME. Prior to doing
    this, all the files in 'My Pictures' folder... every single
    ..jpg/.gif/.bmp that I had saved in this file in the past would show at
    a glance the actual picture, along with having Image Preview in a box
    in the left-hand bottom corner. I zipped all files I needed to save
    and now that I'm unzipping them to reinstall into folders, a problem
    is showing up.

    Now the only pictures that actually show at a glance in this folder
    are only the .bmp's... all others only show the standard icon used
    when saving a .jpg. But if I change the file extension of the .jpg's
    to .bmp's, *then the picture will show instead of only showing the
    icon box for .jpg's. What's up with *that? :\

    For my business inventory, I need to see *at a glance* which picture
    is which, rather than having to click on every single icon box (there
    are thousands) and then being able to see the item thru the Preview
    Pane. I've already tried customizing the folder thru Wizard to set
    the file to use Image Preview, but still only the standard .jpg icons
    will show and will also only show the actual item when I click on the
    icon, instead of showing at a glance the actual picture in the box
    instead of the icon.

    Is there any way to fix this? Could Macromedia Flash/Active X have
    anything to do with this? I'm on a network with my son (he has WIN
    XP) and he's banned these programs from working. Thanks in advance
    for any help. :)
    Linda

    ---

    bluemaxx, Jun 21, 2004

  2. bluemaxx

    °Mike° Guest

    How to Restore .GIF & .JPEG Preview
    http://www.aumha.org/win4/a/jpggif.php

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:22:51 GMT, in
    <vXDBc.85965$HG.65213@attbi_s53>
    bluemaxx scrawled:

    >I reformatted my machine recently and reloaded WIN ME. Prior to doing
    >this, all the files in 'My Pictures' folder... every single
    >.jpg/.gif/.bmp that I had saved in this file in the past would show at
    >a glance the actual picture, along with having Image Preview in a box
    >in the left-hand bottom corner. I zipped all files I needed to save
    >and now that I'm unzipping them to reinstall into folders, a problem
    >is showing up.
    >
    >Now the only pictures that actually show at a glance in this folder
    >are only the .bmp's... all others only show the standard icon used
    >when saving a .jpg. But if I change the file extension of the .jpg's
    >to .bmp's, *then the picture will show instead of only showing the
    >icon box for .jpg's. What's up with *that? :\
    >
    >For my business inventory, I need to see *at a glance* which picture
    >is which, rather than having to click on every single icon box (there
    >are thousands) and then being able to see the item thru the Preview
    >Pane. I've already tried customizing the folder thru Wizard to set
    >the file to use Image Preview, but still only the standard .jpg icons
    >will show and will also only show the actual item when I click on the
    >icon, instead of showing at a glance the actual picture in the box
    >instead of the icon.
    >
    >Is there any way to fix this? Could Macromedia Flash/Active X have
    >anything to do with this? I'm on a network with my son (he has WIN
    >XP) and he's banned these programs from working. Thanks in advance
    >for any help. :)
    >Linda

    <snip broken AVG signature>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 21, 2004

  3. bluemaxx

    billybronco Guest

    "bluemaxx" <> wrote in message

    > I reloaded WIN ME

    reload your gun and point it at your head, oull trigger.

    billybronco, Jun 21, 2004
  4. bluemaxx

    Juan Pérez Guest

    billybronco wrote:
    > "bluemaxx" wrote:
    >
    >> I reloaded WIN ME

    > reload your gun and point it at your head, oull trigger.

    Enjoy kissing the other pigs in my Bin......
    *PLONK*

    Juan Pérez, Jun 22, 2004
  5. bluemaxx

    chrisv Guest

    Juan Pérez wrote:
    > billybronco wrote:
    >> "bluemaxx" wrote:
    >>
    >>> I reloaded WIN ME

    >> reload your gun and point it at your head, oull trigger.

    > Enjoy kissing the other pigs in my Bin......

    You keep pigs in your bin? I have a donkey in mine...

    > *PLONK*

    Enjoy kissing my ass...

    *plonk*

    chrisv, Jun 22, 2004
  6. bluemaxx

    bluemaxx Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    : How to Restore .GIF & .JPEG Preview
    : http://www.aumha.org/win4/a/jpggif.php
    :

    Thank you kindly, Mike. The link helped me restore the preview
    function.
    Linda

    bluemaxx, Jun 23, 2004
  7. bluemaxx