JPG FILES-PHOTOGRAPHS AND NEWSPAPER ARTICLES

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ed and Lois Denaut, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. Ed and Lois Denaut, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Ed and Lois Denaut

    SK Guest

    On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 19:03:58 GMT, "Ed and Lois Denaut"
    <> wrote:

    >I am trying to scan photographs and newspaper articles to one of my webpages
    >and make them larger so that you can read the newspaper articles and see the
    >photographs. What is the best medium to scan to?

    For photographs, JPG is the best. Make the image dimensions as large
    as needed to clearly show the detail, up to about 800x600 pixels,
    larger only if necessary to show detail on a big scan.

    Then choose enough compression to make a rational file size.

    graphics with limited color, including cartoons, scans of newsprint or
    typewritten material are generally clearest and yield the smallest
    file sizes using the .GIF format.

    Newspaper articles with both text and pictures are probably best
    scanned as JPG.
    SK, Sep 7, 2003