Joystick Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Paul, Sep 28, 2008.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Running Vista Ultimate 64

    When I plug in the Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick the it recognizes new
    device then searches for driver it then gives me the following error

    Windows encountered software for your device

    Windows found software for your device but encounted an error while
    attempting to install it
    %HID_Device%
    An error occurred during the installation of the device:

    The driver installation file for this device is missing a necesssary entry.
    This may be because the file was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact
    your hardware vendor.

    Loaded last file from Logitech but same error

    Any suggestions.

    Paul, Sep 28, 2008

  2. Sounds like a problem with the Logitech drivers. I'd start with their
    support FAQs or Forum if they have one.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 29, 2008

  3. Paul

    Carlos Guest

    Here's the forum for Steering Wheels - Joysticks - Headsets - Gamepads:

    http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board?board.id=steering_wheels

    And here are the FAQ's for joysticks:

    http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com..._new_search=1&p_search_type=answers.search_nl

    Carlos