    Photo Guest

    Can anyone post some recommendations on motels in Joshua Tree?

    TIA-------

    Photo, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Photo

    Dr. Gizmo Guest

    You won't find any in Joshua Tree itself. The nearest towns are Yucca
    Valley and Twentynine Palms. Do a search for those cities.

    Ralph

    This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador

    Dr. Gizmo, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Photo

    JoeG Guest

    Dr. Gizmo wrote:
    > You won't find any in Joshua Tree itself. The nearest towns are Yucca
    > Valley and Twentynine Palms. Do a search for those cities.
    >
    > Ralph

    > This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador
    > from MailFrontier, Inc. http://info.mailfrontier.com
    >
    > "Photo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Can anyone post some recommendations on motels in Joshua Tree?
    >>
    >>TIA-------

    There are plenty of Bed & Breakfasts right in Joshua Tree -- all of them
    great

    JoeG, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Photo

    Dr. Gizmo Guest

    My error. Was thinking of the Nat'l Monument. On-line searches do show
    up lodgings and accomodations.

    Dr. Gizmo, Feb 11, 2004
  5. There is a very nice place called 29 Palms or Twenty Nine Palms Hote/Cafe.
    Very nice place .

    Regards

    Solution Insurance, Feb 11, 2004
  6. Photo

    Photo Guest

    Duh... How about these motels that "don't exist in the city of Joshua
    Tree"??? Does anyone have any experience with them?

    High Desert Motel
    61310 29 Palms Hwy
    Joshua Tree, CA 92252
    Tel: (760) 366-1978

    Joshua Tree Motel
    61259 29 Palms Highway
    Joshua Tree, CA 92252
    Tel: (760) 366-1188

    Safari Motor Inn
    61959 29 Palms Highway
    Joshua Tree, CA 92252
    Tel: (760) 366-1113

    Oleander Motel
    62121 29 Palms Hwy
    Joshua Tree, CA 92252
    Tel: (760) 366-8614

    TIA once again-------------------

    Photo, Feb 11, 2004
  7. Photo wrote:

    > Duh... How about these motels that "don't exist in the city of Joshua
    > Tree"??? Does anyone have any experience with them?
    >
    > High Desert Motel
    > 61310 29 Palms Hwy
    > Joshua Tree, CA 92252
    > Tel: (760) 366-1978

    Stayed one night there. It's OK.
    --
    // richard
    http://www.imagecraft.com

    Richard F. Man, Feb 11, 2004
  8. I've tried most of the motels out there and almost always stay at the
    Holiday Inn Express in Twentynine Palms.

    - Moderately priced, online reservations, very clean etc..
    - Right near shopping and food (walking distance)
    - Pool and hot tub (invaluable after long hike!)
    - Not far from park entrance and Visitor Center
    - Free breakfast!

    I'm in JT 5-6 times a year and that's pretty much what I've settled
    on. Hope this helps.

    Holiday Inn Express
    71809 Twentynine Palms Hwy
    Twentynine Palms, CA 92277
    Phone: 760-361-4009
    http://www.ichotelsgroup.com

    BoomWackaBoom, Feb 11, 2004
  9. Photo

    Robertwgross Guest

    BoomWackaBoom wrote:
    >I've tried most of the motels out there and almost always stay at the
    >Holiday Inn Express in Twentynine Palms.

    I think a lot of the motels around there rent out by the hour, if you know what
    I mean. Marines, etc.

    ---Bob Gross---

    Robertwgross, Feb 11, 2004
  10. On 11 Feb 2004 20:38:36 GMT, (Robertwgross) wrote:
    >I think a lot of the motels around there rent out by the hour, if you know what
    >I mean. Marines, etc.

    Funny (but kinda true). That's why I stay out of the flea bag
    motels...

    BoomWackaBoom, Feb 11, 2004
  11. Photo

    Brent Geery Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:13:25 GMT, "Dr. Gizmo"
    <> wrote:

    > My error. Was thinking of the Nat'l Monument. On-line searches do show
    > up lodgings and accomodations.

    BTW, it's now a National Park, not a Monument.

    --
    BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

    Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info http://www.FastTimesAtRidgemontHigh.org
    Voted #87 - American Film Institute's Top 100 Funniest American Films

    Brent Geery, Feb 28, 2004