Joke - How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Andy, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

    1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
    bulb could have been changed differently
    7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    1 to move it to the Lighting section
    2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section
    7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    5 to flame the spell checkers
    3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to
    condemn those 6 as stupid
    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
    15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb"
    is perfectly correct
    19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this
    discussion to a lightbulb forum
    11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs
    and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy
    the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
    technique and what brands are faulty
    7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected
    URL's
    3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this
    group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all
    headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
    handle the light bulb controversy
    4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about
    light bulbs"
    1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start
    it all over again.

    Andy, Jul 4, 2004

  2. Andy

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Andy typed:
    > How many

    old jokes do we have to put up with ?

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) ... Homer Rocks

    Paul - xxx, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Andy

    Dominic Guest

    Stickems wrote:
    > And how would you classify this reply?

    <snip entire original article>

    > 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all
    > headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

    See above.

    Dominic

    Dominic, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Andy

    Linda Guest

    Re: Joke - How many forum members does it takes to change a lightbulb?

    Andy wrote:

    > How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?
    >

    > 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
    > 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
    > bulb could have been changed differently
    > 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    > 1 to move it to the Lighting section
    > 2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section
    > 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    > 5 to flame the spell checkers
    > 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    > 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to
    > condemn those 6 as stupid
    > 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
    > 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb"
    > is perfectly correct
    > 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this
    > discussion to a lightbulb forum
    > 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs
    > and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    > 36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy
    > the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
    > technique and what brands are faulty
    > 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    > 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected
    > URL's
    > 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this
    > group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    > 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all
    > headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    > 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
    > handle the light bulb controversy
    > 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    > 13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about
    > light bulbs"
    > 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start
    > it all over again.

    Never heard that one before!

    Linda, Jul 4, 2004
  5. Andy

    Yddap Guest

    In news:guVFc.9242$,
    Andy <> opined:
    > How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?
    >

    > 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been

    <Snippety Snip>

    See http://www.bulbyonder.co.uk/
    --

    Yddap
    Remove guts to reply

    Yddap, Jul 4, 2004
  6. "Andy" <> wrote
    > How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

    > 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    > 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    > 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the

    corrected
    > URL's
    > 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this
    > group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

    "URLs". Apostrophe for plural and posessive! ;-)

    Experienced but Undocumented, Jul 4, 2004
  7. Andy

    Stickems Guest

    Stickems, Jul 4, 2004
  8. Andy

    mewthree Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message
    > How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?
    >

    > 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been

    changed
    > 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
    > bulb could have been changed differently
    > 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    > 1 to move it to the Lighting section
    > 2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section
    > 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    > 5 to flame the spell checkers
    > 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    > 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to
    > condemn those 6 as stupid
    > 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is

    "lamp"
    > 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb"
    > is perfectly correct
    > 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take

    this
    > discussion to a lightbulb forum
    > 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs
    > and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    > 36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to

    buy
    > the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
    > technique and what brands are faulty
    > 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    > 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the

    corrected
    > URL's
    > 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this
    > group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    > 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all
    > headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    > 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
    > handle the light bulb controversy
    > 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    > 13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions

    about
    > light bulbs"
    > 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start
    > it all over again.
    >
    > you missed the amount to report this as postal abuse.

    ---

    mewthree, Jul 4, 2004
  9. Andy

    olfart Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message
    > How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?
    >

    > 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been

    changed
    > 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
    > bulb could have been changed differently
    > 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    > 1 to move it to the Lighting section
    > 2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section
    > 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    > 5 to flame the spell checkers
    > 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    > 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to
    > condemn those 6 as stupid
    > 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is

    "lamp"
    > 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb"
    > is perfectly correct
    > 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take

    this
    > discussion to a lightbulb forum
    > 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs
    > and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    > 36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to

    buy
    > the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
    > technique and what brands are faulty
    > 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    > 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the

    corrected
    > URL's
    > 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this
    > group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    > 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all
    > headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    > 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
    > handle the light bulb controversy
    > 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    > 13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions

    about
    > light bulbs"
    > 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start
    > it all over again.

    And Boomer to tell you to change your time zone and clock so the @#$% light
    bulb isn't burning during the day.

    olfart, Jul 4, 2004
  10. Experienced but Undocumented wrote:
    > "Andy" <> wrote
    >> How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

    >> 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    >> 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    >> 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the

    > corrected
    >> URL's
    >> 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this
    >> group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

    > "URLs". Apostrophe for plural and posessive! ;-)

    That *is* a plural. I believe you meant to say "contraction and posessive".
    That strategic error aside <g>, though, I'm a stickler for correct use of
    apostrophes, too -- but they're largely acceptable for abbreviations like
    that one.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    New June 23:

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 4, 2004
  11. Andy

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "olfart" <> wrote in message
    >| "Andy" <> wrote in message
    >| > How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?
    >| >

    >| > 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been
    >| changed
    >| > 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how
    >| > the light bulb could have been changed differently
    >| > 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    >| > 1 to move it to the Lighting section
    >| > 2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section
    >| > 7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing
    >| > light bulbs 5 to flame the spell checkers
    >| > 3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    >| > 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...
    >| > another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
    >| > 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term
    >| > is
    >| "lamp"
    >| > 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that
    >| > "light bulb" is perfectly correct
    >| > 19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please
    >| > take
    >| this
    >| > discussion to a lightbulb forum
    >| > 11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use
    >| > light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    >| > 36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior,
    >| > where to
    >| buy
    >| > the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this
    >| > technique and what brands are faulty
    >| > 7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    >| > 4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the
    >| corrected
    >| > URL's
    >| > 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant
    >| > to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    >| > 13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety
    >| > including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    >| > 5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they
    >| > cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    >| > 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    >| > 13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting
    >| > questions
    >| about
    >| > light bulbs"
    >| > 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now
    >| > and start it all over again.
    >| >

    >| And Boomer to tell you to change your time zone and clock so the
    >| @#$% light bulb isn't burning during the day.

    LOL! So *that's* why she does that?

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 4, 2004
  12. Andy spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <guVFc.9242$>

    > How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

    <snip>
    > 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    > 13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions
    > about light bulbs"

    Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?

    Do a Google search on Light Bulbs before posting questions about light
    bulbs. :)

    NOI
    (Trying to do his part. :) )

    Thund3rstruck_n0i, Jul 4, 2004
  13. Andy

    anthonyberet Guest

    In Usenet post: guVFc.9242$,
    Andy went on and on and on:
    > How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

    <snip>

    You forgot the one to say that this is not a forum...

    anthonyberet, Jul 4, 2004
  14. Andy

    el duderino Guest

    And several to tell you your time is 0.0001 seconds out

    el duderino, Jul 5, 2004
  15. Re: Joke - How many forum members does it takes to change a lightbulb?

    el duderino wrote:

    > And several to tell you your time is 0.0001 seconds out

    Your clock is 0.0001 seconds out.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 5, 2004