  1. I have two tables: Table1 has A,A,B,B,B and Table2 has A, B. I want to join
    Table1 with Table2 and update Table1, but I want to update only 1 for A and 1
    for B in Table1. How will I do it?
    =?Utf-8?B?c3FsbGVhcm5lcg==?=, Jun 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c3FsbGVhcm5lcg==?=

    Egghead Guest

    what is wrong with Table1.A and Table1.B in the sql statement?
    Or do you mean you want to do it in the dataset?
    Egghead

    Egghead, Jun 4, 2005

  3. For Table1 the values for column1 is A,A,B,B,B and the correspoding values in
    column2 is 2,2,3,3,3 and the correspoding values in column3 is 0,0,0,0,0. In
    Table2 the values for column1 is A,B and the correspoding values in column2
    is 2,3.

    I want to update Table1.Column3 = 1, where Table1.Column1 = Table2.Column1
    and Table1.Column2 = Table2.Column2. But using joins, I found it updates all
    5 rows in Table1.Column3. But I want to update only 2 rows in Table1.Column3,
    as Table2 has 2 rows. More specifically, I want to update one to one in this
    one to many relational tables.

    =?Utf-8?B?c3FsbGVhcm5lcg==?=, Jun 4, 2005