joining in the /helpful/ stupidity

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by thanatoid, Sep 24, 2010.

  1. thanatoid

    thanatoid Guest

    thanatoid, Sep 24, 2010

  2. thanatoid

    OldGringo38 Guest

    OldGringo38, Sep 24, 2010

  3. On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:32:02 -0500, OldGringo38
    <> wrote:

    >On 9/24/2010 10:21 AM Just to please that super-ego, thanatoid wrote the
    >following tidbit of information:
    >> http://www.popgive.com/2010/09/where-s-catch-with-dinner-
    >> free.html
    >>

    >The link you provided displays the following:
    >http://www.popgive.com/2010/09/where-s-catch-with-dinner
    >And that is because the link is no good.

    The link wrapped and chopped off the last part, which is: free.html

    Surrounding the link with <> would have avoided the problem.

    <http://www.popgive.com/2010/09/where-s-catch-with-dinner-free.html>

    See?
    BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com, Sep 24, 2010
  4. thanatoid

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/24/2010 10:46 AM Just to please that super-ego,
    BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com wrote the following tidbit of information:
    > On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:32:02 -0500, OldGringo38
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/24/2010 10:21 AM Just to please that super-ego, thanatoid wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> http://www.popgive.com/2010/09/where-s-catch-with-dinner-
    >>> free.html
    >>>

    >> The link you provided displays the following:
    >> http://www.popgive.com/2010/09/where-s-catch-with-dinner
    >> And that is because the link is no good.

    > The link wrapped and chopped off the last part, which is: free.html
    >
    > Surrounding the link with<> would have avoided the problem.
    >
    > <http://www.popgive.com/2010/09/where-s-catch-with-dinner-free.html>
    >
    > See?

    :)

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Sep 24, 2010
  5. thanatoid

    philo Guest

    On 09/24/2010 11:12 AM, OldGringo38 wrote:
    > On 9/24/2010 10:46 AM Just to please that super-ego,
    > BinaryBillTheSailor@Sea++.com wrote the following tidbit of information:
    >> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:32:02 -0500, OldGringo38
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 9/24/2010 10:21 AM Just to please that super-ego, thanatoid wrote the
    >>> following tidbit of information:
    >>>>
    >>> The link you provided displays the following:
    >>> http://www.popgive.com/2010/09/where-s-catch-with-dinner
    >>> And that is because the link is no good.

    >> The link wrapped and chopped off the last part, which is: free.html
    >>
    >> Surrounding the link with<> would have avoided the problem.
    >>
    >> <http://www.popgive.com/2010/09/where-s-catch-with-dinner-free.html>
    >>
    >> See?

    > :)

    Personally

    I like Douglas Adams' Restaurant at the End of the Universe

    best of all
    philo, Sep 25, 2010