    join large files together, or is than extension I need to get?

    Thanks IA
    DTDoyle

    DTDoyle, Oct 17, 2005

  2. DTDoyle wrote:
    > Just downloaded FireFox & Thunderbird and it sure looks like Netscape is
    > going up on the shelf. My question however is will Thunderbird allow me
    > join large files together, or is than extension I need to get?
    >

    > Thanks IA
    > DTDoyle

    TB is a an email client with very basic newsreader capabilities.
    Combining and decoding multi part binaries are not in its scope.

    Ed Mullen has developed a brilliant workaround:

    http://ed.mullen.home.comcast.net/Mozilla/moz_combine.html

    If that is not enough for your needs, you might want to look at a
    program that is designed as a newsreader. Xnews is one. Its different
    then most , but it will do the job well.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 17, 2005