    Any idea how to fix this? Can I somehow atleast get the data found in
    the 2 parts?

    Thanks!

    Krish Sundar, Dec 15, 2004

  2. Krish Sundar

    °Mike° Guest

    Get the original again.

    On 15 Dec 2004 07:23:35 -0800, in
    <>
    Krish Sundar scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 15, 2004

  3. Krish Sundar

    gruffydd Guest

    is the missing part in your dump bin [trash can] if so, can you not retrieve
    it?

    gruffydd, Dec 15, 2004
  4. Krish Sundar

    Valverdez Guest

    "Krish Sundar" <> wrote in message
    >I spilit a large zip files into 4 parts using one of the 'spliters'
    > available in the net and by mistake I have deleted part no.3(and also
    > the original!). Now when I do a
    >
    > copy /b file.001+file.002 file.zip
    >
    > winzip complains that the resultant file is not complete(or something
    > like that).
    > Any idea how to fix this? Can I somehow atleast get the data found in
    > the 2 parts?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Think about that for a minute... If I rip out some pages in a book, will
    the book magically recreate the pages for me? If you deleted a part, there
    is no way for it to recombine the file, it does not split the file ike you
    would split a book, say by pages or chapters, it splits the data. Example,
    the letter "A" may be repeated 3465 times in the data, it does not take 3465
    "A's" it takes one "A" and tags it's location in the data. Without all the
    data, there is no way to recombine the file, sorry to be the barer of bad
    news.

    Valverde

    Valverdez, Dec 15, 2004