  1. student

    student Guest

    I am running a 2000 server as a domain controller. It can see the client 2000 pro by pinging it and in my network places, BUT the client is not currently part of the domain, it is part of it's own workgroup. When I try to make it join the domain I get the message "the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted" this does not make sense because I can ping the client by IP adress and can see it in network places. Please advise me on how to correct this error.
    student, Oct 19, 2003

  2. student

    brianz Guest

    check that the dns settings are the same on both machines.

    brianz, Oct 19, 2003

  3. student

    Bob Guest

    administrator.

    Then join the domain using proper DNS name of Domain.
    [you're domain server should be a DNS server also. Easier
    when DNS is established first when creating an
    Infrastructure]

    When prompted with credentials for joining, use an existing
    Domain account authorized to join a computer to the Domain.

    Bob
    Bob, Nov 1, 2003