    together to produce my old 80 gig C:

    Thanks - Fred
    winXP pro
    Fred, Feb 9, 2006

  2. Fred

    Donald Guest

    fdisk

    Donald, Feb 9, 2006

  3. Fred

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:K5MGf.12203$,
    Fred spewed forth:
    > I have an 80 gig HDD , 'C' is 1st partition, (60gig) and a 'D' is 2nd
    > partition, (20 gig).
    > C is my system partition/drive (it has program files and WINDOWS on
    > it), and i have deleted everything on D, I remember there
    > was a RUN command that could add the 'D' onto the end of 'C' but i
    > have forgotten how i did it last time. What would you recommend to
    > join them together to produce my old 80 gig C:
    >
    > Thanks - Fred
    > winXP pro

    I did that with a Linux OS boot CD - Knoppix LiveCD. Download the ISO, use
    Nero or similar to burn it to a CD, boot from it, and run qparted. WARNING:
    first backup any important data "just in case".

    Toolman Tim, Feb 10, 2006
  4. Fred

    Spuds Guest

    On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:46:02 GMT, "Fred" <> wrote:

    >I have an 80 gig HDD , 'C' is 1st partition, (60gig) and a 'D' is 2nd
    >partition, (20 gig).
    >C is my system partition/drive (it has program files and WINDOWS on it), and
    >i have deleted everything on D, I remember there
    >was a RUN command that could add the 'D' onto the end of 'C' but i have
    >forgotten how i did it last time. What would you recommend to join them
    >together to produce my old 80 gig C:
    >
    >Thanks - Fred
    >winXP pro

    Partition Magic, but it'll cost you $$
    Spuds, Feb 10, 2006
  5. Fred

    Steve Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:21:34 -0500, Spuds wrote:

    > On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:46:02 GMT, "Fred" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I have an 80 gig HDD , 'C' is 1st partition, (60gig) and a 'D' is 2nd
    >>partition, (20 gig).
    >>C is my system partition/drive (it has program files and WINDOWS on it), and
    >>i have deleted everything on D, I remember there
    >>was a RUN command that could add the 'D' onto the end of 'C' but i have
    >>forgotten how i did it last time. What would you recommend to join them
    >>together to produce my old 80 gig C:
    >>
    >>Thanks - Fred
    >>winXP pro

    > Partition Magic, but it'll cost you $$

    I used to use Partition Magic but now I understand it's owned by Symantec.
    As I flatly refuse to have any Symantec product installed I need to find
    something else. Can anyone recommend a good partion manager? I don't mind
    paying for it if it is a good reliable piece of software, after all, a
    labouror is worthy of his hire <g>
    --
    Steve
    ?wollof ot drah yllaer sdaerht sekam gnitsop-pot taht erawa uoy ereW
    Steve, Feb 10, 2006
  6. Fred

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:1khvonhldc2mn$,
    Steve spewed forth:
    > On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:21:34 -0500, Spuds wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:46:02 GMT, "Fred" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have an 80 gig HDD , 'C' is 1st partition, (60gig) and a 'D' is
    >>> 2nd partition, (20 gig).
    >>> C is my system partition/drive (it has program files and WINDOWS on
    >>> it), and i have deleted everything on D, I remember there
    >>> was a RUN command that could add the 'D' onto the end of 'C' but i
    >>> have forgotten how i did it last time. What would you recommend to
    >>> join them together to produce my old 80 gig C:
    >>>
    >>> Thanks - Fred
    >>> winXP pro

    >> Partition Magic, but it'll cost you $$

    > I used to use Partition Magic but now I understand it's owned by
    > Symantec. As I flatly refuse to have any Symantec product installed I
    > need to find something else. Can anyone recommend a good partion
    > manager? I don't mind paying for it if it is a good reliable piece of
    > software, after all, a labouror is worthy of his hire <g>

    Uh....read my post where I replied to this earlier. Knoppix LiveCD.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 10, 2006
  7. Fred

    Spuds Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:27:35 +0000 (UTC), Steve <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:21:34 -0500, Spuds wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:46:02 GMT, "Fred" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have an 80 gig HDD , 'C' is 1st partition, (60gig) and a 'D' is 2nd
    >>>partition, (20 gig).
    >>>C is my system partition/drive (it has program files and WINDOWS on it), and
    >>>i have deleted everything on D, I remember there
    >>>was a RUN command that could add the 'D' onto the end of 'C' but i have
    >>>forgotten how i did it last time. What would you recommend to join them
    >>>together to produce my old 80 gig C:
    >>>
    >>>Thanks - Fred
    >>>winXP pro

    >> Partition Magic, but it'll cost you $$

    >I used to use Partition Magic but now I understand it's owned by Symantec.
    >As I flatly refuse to have any Symantec product installed I need to find
    >something else. Can anyone recommend a good partion manager? I don't mind
    >paying for it if it is a good reliable piece of software, after all, a
    >labouror is worthy of his hire <g>

    I know what you mean.
    Last time I used it, I made a fresh image of my C:, then installed PM. After
    using PM to do a merge of partitions, I restored the image to pre Symantec
    purity.
    Acronis Disk Director Suite will do merges. I haven't used it, but know
    others who have, with good feedback. If it's as tight and reliable as their
    True Image, you won't be disappointed.
    Spuds, Feb 11, 2006
  8. Fred

    Spuds Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:50:06 -0800, "Toolman Tim" <>
    wrote:

    >In news:1khvonhldc2mn$,
    >Steve spewed forth:

    >>> Partition Magic, but it'll cost you $$

    >> I used to use Partition Magic but now I understand it's owned by
    >> Symantec. As I flatly refuse to have any Symantec product installed I
    >> need to find something else. Can anyone recommend a good partion
    >> manager? I don't mind paying for it if it is a good reliable piece of
    >> software, after all, a labouror is worthy of his hire <g>

    >Uh....read my post where I replied to this earlier. Knoppix LiveCD.

    I was looking the other way when that was posted Tim - will Knoppix do a
    non-destructive merge?
    Spuds, Feb 11, 2006
  9. Fred

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Spuds spewed forth:
    > On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:50:06 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:1khvonhldc2mn$,
    >> Steve spewed forth:

    >>> I used to use Partition Magic but now I understand it's owned by
    >>> Symantec. As I flatly refuse to have any Symantec product installed
    >>> I need to find something else. Can anyone recommend a good partion
    >>> manager? I don't mind paying for it if it is a good reliable piece
    >>> of software, after all, a labouror is worthy of his hire <g>

    >> Uh....read my post where I replied to this earlier. Knoppix LiveCD.

    > I was looking the other way when that was posted Tim - will Knoppix
    > do a non-destructive merge?

    Yeah - the qparted utility on the Knoppix LiveCD did my Sony laptop. Default
    config is 15/15 partition on the 30GB drive. And using the recovery discs
    sets it back to that. I use qparted to merge them with no problems at all.
    Of course, I would never try this without my data backed up first, no matter
    /what/ program I was editing partitions with.

    OMG - I just ended a sentence with a preposition. Someone slap me - quick!

    Toolman Tim, Feb 11, 2006
  10. Toolman Tim gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    snip

    > OMG - I just ended a sentence with a preposition. Someone slap me -
    > quick!

    My eighth grade English teacher is no doubt spinning in her grave. :)

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is
    The Old Sourdough, Feb 11, 2006
  11. Fred

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:Xns9766D0FE2E5161258ggbeerisgood@216.196.97.131,
    The Old Sourdough spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > snip
    >

    >> OMG - I just ended a sentence with a preposition. Someone slap me -
    >> quick!
    >>

    > My eighth grade English teacher is no doubt spinning in her grave. :)

    Exactly! The principal in my small hometown high school was /always/ walking
    up behind me in the hallways correcting my grammar. I don't think it helped
    ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Feb 11, 2006
  12. Fred

    Spuds Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:24:08 -0800, "Toolman Tim" <>
    wrote:

    >In news:,
    >Spuds spewed forth:
    >> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:50:06 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> In news:1khvonhldc2mn$,
    >>> Steve spewed forth:

    >>> Uh....read my post where I replied to this earlier. Knoppix LiveCD.

    >> I was looking the other way when that was posted Tim - will Knoppix
    >> do a non-destructive merge?

    >Yeah - the qparted utility on the Knoppix LiveCD did my Sony laptop. Default
    >config is 15/15 partition on the 30GB drive. And using the recovery discs
    >sets it back to that. I use qparted to merge them with no problems at all.
    >Of course, I would never try this without my data backed up first, no matter
    >/what/ program I was editing partitions with.

    Cool, thanks. Have to blow the dust of my Knoppix disk and check it out.
    Figured some day the CD burning app might come in handy in a rescue.

    >OMG - I just ended a sentence with a preposition. Someone slap me - quick!

    Ah, grammar rule #30.

    30. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction.
    (Remember, too, a preposition is a terrible word
    to end a sentence with.)
    Spuds, Feb 11, 2006
  13. Fred

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Spuds spewed forth:
    > On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:24:08 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> Spuds spewed forth:

    >>> I was looking the other way when that was posted Tim - will Knoppix
    >>> do a non-destructive merge?

    >> Yeah - the qparted utility on the Knoppix LiveCD did my Sony laptop.
    >> Default config is 15/15 partition on the 30GB drive. And using the
    >> recovery discs sets it back to that. I use qparted to merge them
    >> with no problems at all. Of course, I would never try this without
    >> my data backed up first, no matter /what/ program I was editing
    >> partitions with.

    > Cool, thanks. Have to blow the dust of my Knoppix disk and check it
    > out. Figured some day the CD burning app might come in handy in a
    > rescue.
    >
    >> OMG - I just ended a sentence with a preposition. Someone slap me -
    >> quick!

    > Ah, grammar rule #30.
    >
    > 30. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction.
    > (Remember, too, a preposition is a terrible word
    > to end a sentence with.)

    Wow! You must have studied the same text book I did <g>

    Toolman Tim, Feb 11, 2006
  14. Fred

    Spuds Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:59:29 -0800, "Toolman Tim" <>
    wrote:

    >In news:,
    >Spuds spewed forth:
    >> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:24:08 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> In news:,
    >>> Spuds spewed forth:

    >>> Yeah - the qparted utility on the Knoppix LiveCD did my Sony laptop.
    >>> Default config is 15/15 partition on the 30GB drive. And using the
    >>> recovery discs sets it back to that. I use qparted to merge them
    >>> with no problems at all. Of course, I would never try this without
    >>> my data backed up first, no matter /what/ program I was editing
    >>> partitions with.

    >> Cool, thanks. Have to blow the dust of my Knoppix disk and check it
    >> out. Figured some day the CD burning app might come in handy in a
    >> rescue.
    >>
    >>> OMG - I just ended a sentence with a preposition. Someone slap me -
    >>> quick!

    >> Ah, grammar rule #30.
    >>
    >> 30. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction.
    >> (Remember, too, a preposition is a terrible word
    >> to end a sentence with.)

    >Wow! You must have studied the same text book I did <g>

    Yep, I don't got patience for people what don't know proper English.
    Spuds, Feb 11, 2006
  15. Fred

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Spuds spewed forth:
    > On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:59:29 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> Spuds spewed forth:

    >>> Cool, thanks. Have to blow the dust of my Knoppix disk and check it
    >>> out. Figured some day the CD burning app might come in handy in a
    >>> rescue.

    >>> Ah, grammar rule #30.
    >>>
    >>> 30. And don't start a sentence with a conjunction.
    >>> (Remember, too, a preposition is a terrible word
    >>> to end a sentence with.)

    >> Wow! You must have studied the same text book I did <g>

    > Yep, I don't got patience for people what don't know proper English.

    I jes' don' got patience, Engrish or no <g>

    Toolman Tim, Feb 11, 2006