    found on the disk anywhere. After checking a number of sources I could
    not find mention of a pan and scan only version of this movie ever
    being released. Anybody know what gives here?

    Kenneth Ulicni, Oct 28, 2003

  2. "Kenneth Ulicni" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I bought Johnny Mnemonic the other day from Walmart's $5.88 bin. The
    > back of the box indicated that the dvd was a double sided disk with
    > both pan and scan and widescreen versions of the film. When I opened
    > the thing there was a lable printed on one side, not a double sided
    > disk. I put it in the player and there was no widescreen version to be
    > found on the disk anywhere. After checking a number of sources I could
    > not find mention of a pan and scan only version of this movie ever
    > being released. Anybody know what gives here?

    The canadian release is in 1.33:1 pan&scan *only*, according to dvdsoon.com.
    If you have the cover where you can see Keanu running with a gun instead of
    the one with just his face, you've got the canadian release. The US release
    has both pan&scan and widescreen versions of the film.

    --
    torerik

    tor erik wikdahl, Oct 28, 2003

  3. On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:24:23 +0100, "tor erik wikdahl"
    <> wrote:

    >"Kenneth Ulicni" <> wrote in message
    >> I bought Johnny Mnemonic the other day from Walmart's $5.88 bin. The
    >> back of the box indicated that the dvd was a double sided disk with
    >> both pan and scan and widescreen versions of the film. When I opened
    >> the thing there was a lable printed on one side, not a double sided
    >> disk. I put it in the player and there was no widescreen version to be
    >> found on the disk anywhere. After checking a number of sources I could
    >> not find mention of a pan and scan only version of this movie ever
    >> being released. Anybody know what gives here?

    >The canadian release is in 1.33:1 pan&scan *only*, according to dvdsoon.com.
    >If you have the cover where you can see Keanu running with a gun instead of
    >the one with just his face, you've got the canadian release. The US release
    >has both pan&scan and widescreen versions of the film.

    The one I got from Walmart has the cover with his face, and apparently
    the Canadian disk inside since it is P&S only.

    Kenneth Ulicni, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Kenneth Ulicni

    MrShadow1381 Guest

    Don't shop at Wal-Mart then.

    It makes sense...Wal-Fart sells ONLY clean versions of cds...

    ....bargain bin...

    ....Mart...clean cds...bargain

    MrShadow1381, Oct 28, 2003
  5. Kenneth Ulicni

    Jeffman Guest

    Just picked this up myself from the Wally bin.
    My DVD is doubled sided and has both versions.

    Jeff

    Jeffman, Oct 29, 2003