    dah dit dah dit dah dah dit dah, KA4WDH

    --
    John L. Morris MCP

    john morris, Feb 23, 2008

  2. john morris

    John R Guest

    "john morris" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > dah dit dah dit dah dah dit dah, KA4WDH
    >
    > --
    > John L. Morris MCP

    lol, see your email.

    John R

    John R, Feb 23, 2008

  3. john morris

    AJR Guest

    John - You left out "dit dah dit dit"

    Regarding "...lol, see your email..." from John R =- an unusual response to
    CQ I must say!

    AJR, Feb 23, 2008
  4. john morris

    AJR Guest

    Oops -sorry about the lapse in protocol: "de KB3U".

    AJR, Feb 23, 2008
  5. john morris

    John R Guest

    "AJR" <> wrote in message
    > John - You left out "dit dah dit dit"
    >
    > Regarding "...lol, see your email..." from John R =- an unusual response
    > to CQ I must say!
    >

    > "john morris" <> wrote in message
    >> dah dit dah dit dah dah dit dah, KA4WDH
    >>
    >> --
    >> John L. Morris MCP

    About as unusual as "RE"

    John R

    John R, Feb 24, 2008
  6. john morris

    John R Guest

    "James" <anonymous> wrote in message
    > di dee dum dum di dee (· · - - · ·)

    OK, let me put it simply... See if you can follow it this time...

    John Morris wrote...
    >>> "john morris" <> wrote in message

    In other words, John Morris wrote "CQ KA4WDH". Normally, a CQ is of the
    form "CQ DE KA4WDH". This caused AJR to post...

    >> "AJR" <> wrote in message
    >>> John - You left out "dit dah dit dit"
    >>>
    >>> Regarding "...lol, see your email..." from John R =- an unusual response
    >>> to CQ I must say!

    In other words, AJR wrote to John Morris "You left out RE" Of course he
    meant "dah dit dit dit" or DE, but that is not what he wrote. Obviously
    AJR learned morse, but doesn't use it regularly or he would never have made
    that mistake.

    And AJR wrote to me that "lol was an unusual response to CQ"

    Then, in my infinite wisdom, I responded that maybe he should check his own
    post because "CQ RE" would be as unusual as "lol in response to CQ" in my
    comment...

    > "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> wrote in message:
    >> About as unusual as "RE"

    If you can't follow that, maybe you should get a different news reader.

    John R

    John R, Jun 25, 2008
  7. john morris

    AJR Guest

    Amazing - It must be several months since I posted about "dit dah dit
    dit" - am curious as to why it came up?

    Regarding "...AJR learned morse, but doesn't use it regularly or he would
    never have made that mistake....", Correct - did learn code (KB3U), however
    my last code contact was probably 15+ years ago - still remember a few dits
    and dashes but would have trouble reading 5 WPM now

    AJR, Jun 26, 2008