    opened it up but can't see anything obviously wrong. Output is 5V at
    500mA. Any suggestions for where to source a replacement in the UK?
    --

    Mike Rofown, Apr 1, 2007

  2. Mike Rofown

    cgiorgio Guest

    "Mike Rofown" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:EmKPh.19816$...

    > The charger for my Giga One has failed. No volts output at all. I've
    > opened it up but can't see anything obviously wrong. Output is 5V at
    > 500mA. Any suggestions for where to source a replacement in the UK?
    > --

    As the Giga One can be charged via USB as well, this should do the trick:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=98602&doy=1m4

    or similar:

    http://www.revealcable.co.uk/acatalog/USB.html#aAA3285

    Also many mobile phone chargers supply 5 or 5.5 Volts with the required
    current rating. As you opened the original charger, I believe you know how
    to use a soldering iron - to fit a 2.35 mm plug.

    cgiorgio, Apr 1, 2007