    and how to find out if I have the right program to open it with, I
    have JER installed.

    thanks

    Gary Wessle, May 24, 2006

  2. Gary Wessle

    Gary Wessle Guest

    I am using win2000 pro

    Gary Wessle, May 24, 2006

  3. Gary Wessle

    gwtc Guest

    Gary Wessle wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I clicked on a site where the asked me to save/open-with a file with
    > extension jnlp, how can I get my firefox 1.5.0.3 to open automatically
    > and how to find out if I have the right program to open it with, I
    > have JER installed.
    >
    > thanks

    can you provide a link

    jnlp: Java Network Launching Protocol

    And what is JER?

    --
    I bet you didn't know that half of all North Americans live within 50
    miles of their birthplace

    gwtc, May 24, 2006
  4. Gary Wessle

    Gary Wessle Guest

    http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/demos.html

    > jnlp: Java Network Launching Protocol
    >
    > And what is JER?

    the Java environment plugin thing

    Gary Wessle, May 24, 2006
  5. gwtc wrote:
    > Gary Wessle wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I clicked on a site where the asked me to save/open-with a file with
    >> extension jnlp, how can I get my firefox 1.5.0.3 to open automatically
    >> and how to find out if I have the right program to open it with, I
    >> have JER installed.
    >> thanks

    > can you provide a link
    >
    > jnlp: Java Network Launching Protocol
    >
    > And what is JER?

    He means JRE.

    I got it to work once by associating .jnlp with javaws (Java Web Start).
    You have to have the Sun JRE for this to work.

    The javaws program is probably located at <JRE_PATH>/javaws/javaws.

    I wasn't spellbound by Java Web Start when I first used it, and I
    haven't used it since. The fonts are ugly, and it basically does what
    everyone already knows how to do--download, install and run a program.

    Sumo Wrestler (or just ate too much), May 24, 2006
  6. Gary Wessle

    gwtc Guest

    Gary Wessle wrote:

    > gwtc <37> writes:
    >

    >>Gary Wessle wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi
    >>>I clicked on a site where the asked me to save/open-with a file with
    >>>extension jnlp, how can I get my firefox 1.5.0.3 to open automatically
    >>>and how to find out if I have the right program to open it with, I
    >>>have JER installed. thanks

    >>can you provide a link

    > http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/demos.html
    >

    >>jnlp: Java Network Launching Protocol
    >>
    >>And what is JER?

    > the Java environment plugin thing

    you need to have the java runtime engine. See the little box here:
    http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/demos-nojavascript.html

    http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/downloads/index.html

    --
    Witty Words of Wisdom: Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and
    some days you're the statue.

    gwtc, May 24, 2006