    running XP media centre version 2002 with service pack 2. My drive is a
    Sony DVD RW AW-G170A.

    Thanks

    soylentgreen, May 3, 2007

  2. soylentgreen

    Guest

    "soylentgreen" <> wrote:

    >I have noticed that when I play a audio CD via Windows media player the CD
    >sounds quite jittery. MP3's and waves files sound fine. I have the latest
    >driver for my creative sound blaster card xtreme audio and I am currently
    >running XP media centre version 2002 with service pack 2. My drive is a
    >Sony DVD RW AW-G170A.

    Wash the CD with dish soap (Dawn), rinse and dry well.

    See if it's any better
    --
    Evil Ka
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=TvtzEgFBl3I

    , May 4, 2007

  3. soylentgreen

    Shel-hed Guest

    It could be on it's way out, or dirty.
    Try this first-
    Control panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Hardware tab
    Highlight the offending drive, click properties button
    Click properties tab on new window, put a check in "Enable digital CD audio for
    this CD-Rom device"
    OK your way out.

    Shel-hed, May 4, 2007
  4. soylentgreen

    soylentgreen Guest

    I've already done that a while ago, cant believe its on its way out its
    brand new pc, hope its just a dirty lens.

    soylentgreen, May 4, 2007
  5. soylentgreen

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Thu, 03 May 2007 23:52:45 GMT, "soylentgreen" <> wrote:

    > I've already done that a while ago, cant believe its on its way out its
    >brand new pc, hope its just a dirty lens.

    >. My drive is a
    >>>Sony DVD RW AW-G170A.

    This sounds like most other Sony crap. It has been years since they made
    anything worth owning.

    Shel-hed, May 4, 2007
  6. soylentgreen

    thanatoid Guest

    Shel-hed <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 03 May 2007 23:52:45 GMT, "soylentgreen"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I've already done that a while ago, cant believe its on
    >> its way out its
    >>brand new pc, hope its just a dirty lens.

    >>. My drive is a

    > This sounds like most other Sony crap. It has been years
    > since they made anything worth owning.

    How true and how sad. How the great have fallen...

    OP: get an LG drive. Lenses don't get dirty unless you use your
    PC in a woodshop or make a habit of puking all over you desk all
    the time. Also, if it was the lens, EVERYTHING would sound bad.

    OTOH, WHY would anyone want to listen to ANY audio via -
    whatever it may be - a computer "sound" system with its birdshit
    speakers? Play music on the fucking stereo, man! The burner is
    for BURNING not listening!

    thanatoid, May 4, 2007