    The game plays but hiccups every few seconds.
    Any Ideas?
    TIA

    L.Hatherall, Oct 9, 2003

  2. L.Hatherall

    lee Guest

    Have you tried the latest Detonator drivers from Nvidia.
    Make sure that firewalls and AV programs are off.//

    "L.Hatherall" <l.hatherall@"no spam"btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > I have an Athlon 3000xp 512mb DDR Ram and a Geforce FX5200 graphics card
    > When playing games such as Colin Mcrae 3 the graphics won't run smooth.

    Even

    lee, Oct 9, 2003

  3. L.Hatherall

    HamMan Guest

    > I have an Athlon 3000xp 512mb DDR Ram and a Geforce FX5200 graphics card
    > When playing games such as Colin Mcrae 3 the graphics won't run smooth.

    Even
    > with all the settings set to default.
    > No other programs are running in the background.
    > The game plays but hiccups every few seconds.
    > Any Ideas?
    > TIA

    I'm guessing this is a non-ultra FX5200 which are comparable to a GF2 MX
    card

    Sorry, but it looks like youve brought a dud.

    If you are looking for a non expensive replacement look no further than the
    GF4 MX range

    HamMan, Oct 9, 2003
  4. L.Hatherall

    Mike0000 Guest

    L.Hatherall wrote:

    > I have an Athlon 3000xp 512mb DDR Ram and a Geforce FX5200 graphics card
    > When playing games such as Colin Mcrae 3 the graphics won't run smooth. Even
    > with all the settings set to default.
    > No other programs are running in the background.
    > The game plays but hiccups every few seconds.
    > Any Ideas?
    > TIA

    Antivirus off?

    --