    Hi all,i use Windows vista and i have installed JGRASP and i succussfully run JAVA programs within, however i am now learning Objective-C and i want really compile code but i got this error : command "gcc" not found.
    However, i can run Objective-C program on shell with success so the GNUstep environment is well installed, shall me set anything to compile Objective-C ??
    THX in advance ;)
    lucaazori, Feb 4, 2011

  2. lucaazori

    lucaazori

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    So, any suggestions :neutral:
    lucaazori, Feb 5, 2011

  3. lucaazori

    lbarowski

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    I've been looking at this the last few days. I assume you are not the person I've been emailing, but I'm guessing you're in the same class.

    The single file compile-and-link for Objective-C in jGRASP won't work with GNUstep because it is sensitive to the filename and flags ordering, and needs it other than the way we've done it. We'll change that for the next release, but for now you can create your own compiler environment in jGRASP that will work. You also need a bunch of compiler/linker flags, and to add the GNUstep MinGW "bin" directory to either your system PATH, or to the PATH settings in jGRASP. You can use "Help" / "Report a Bug" in jGRASP to send me your email address and I'll give you the details. I'll also put up a web page with instructions and post a link here in the next day or two, or maybe just release a Beta version of jGRASP with a compiler environment for Windows GNUstep installed in the default location, which will make things easy.

    Of course, you can also write a makefile and just use the "Make" command in jGRASP. You'll need to do that for multi-file projects anyway, since jGRASP doesn't yet have any sophisticated support for building non-Java projects.
    lbarowski, Feb 7, 2011
  4. lucaazori

    lbarowski

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    jGRASP 1.8.8_07 Beta has just been released. This includes a GNUstep-MinGW-Windows compiler environment for Objective-C installed in the default location (and easily modified for other locations, non-MinGW, or other OS).

    To select it, go to "Settings" / "Compiler Settings" / "Workspace", select language "Objective-C", select GNUstep MinGW environment, hit "Use", hit "OK".
    lbarowski, Feb 12, 2011