Jetway 530BF BIOS update?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by dc, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. dc

    dc Guest

    I have a Jetway 530BF Motherboard but when i enable "USB Controller" in the
    BIOS the computer hangs at boot-up. I am currently using BIOS file
    530BFE10.BIN from their website which updated OK using Award Flash utility.

    But if I try to update to latest 530BFE12.BIN to solve "USB Event Wake-up"
    (or
    530BFE11.BIN ) i get the error message "The program file's BIOS-Lock
    String does not match with your system!" It is the corect file from their
    website.

    My BIOS ID STRING = 09/26/2000 - SiS530-6801-2A5IMJ1BC-00
    Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
    CHIPSET = SIS530-6801
    BIOS CHIP = SST 39SF020 5V

    I have tried three different Award flash versions but they all give the same
    error message and it will only work on bios files up to Version 10.BIN. Why
    would the Award flash program give this error message when i have the
    correct file for my mobo from the Jetway site? Tried emailing jetway but had
    no reply yet.

    Many thanks
    dc, Nov 11, 2003

  2. dc

    dc Guest

    just noticed on the Jetway site it says the file 530bfe12.bin is to - "Solve
    SiS 5595 Chipset USB wakeup event fail. (For 530BF/531CF)"

    Ran a program called Ctbios.exe and my 530BF motherboard seems to have
    chipset SIS530-6801 could this be the cause of the problem?

    dc, Nov 11, 2003