    Both almost the same price
    I can get a free ADSL modem, Id have to by a woosh modem ($200)
    either will be better than 56k

    Steve Robertson, May 13, 2004

  2. Steve Robertson

    EMB Guest

    In news:40a328cf$,
    Steve Robertson <> expelled:
    > jetsurf or wooosh??
    > Any recommendations
    > Both almost the same price
    > I can get a free ADSL modem, Id have to by a woosh modem ($200)
    > either will be better than 56k

    Jetsurf. It's a known quantity bandwidth wise and is proven technology.
    I've got both and woosh is occasionally a bit strange speed wise (drops
    away) and latency is variable.

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply

    EMB, May 13, 2004

  3. Steve Robertson

    Mark. Guest

    Which ISP would you recommend for Jetsurf (excluding Xtra) ? I'm using
    Jetstart on paradise and now want to move up to 256K, preferably with
    same data cap (10GB) but no less than 5GB, and for no more than I am
    paying now ($30 paradise, $30 Telecom)

    Mark., May 14, 2004
  4. Steve Robertson

    EMB Guest

    In news:,
    Mark. <> expelled:
    > Which ISP would you recommend for Jetsurf (excluding Xtra) ? I'm using
    > Jetstart on paradise and now want to move up to 256K, preferably with
    > same data cap (10GB) but no less than 5GB, and for no more than I am
    > paying now ($30 paradise, $30 Telecom)

    Well.... it isn't possible!! Try reading a few ISP's websites before you
    ask redundant questions.

    Assuming your tolls are with Telecom, JSurf 3GB will cost you $40 from
    Telecom, Jsurf 10GB will cost you $60. Most ISP's charge $10 fees as well.

    So your options are $50 for 3GB or $70 for 10GB. No option for 5GB.

    Next time try doing the basic research yourself.

    EMB, May 14, 2004
  5. Steve Robertson

    Mark. Guest

    In article <c81ed7$ghv$>, "EMB" <>
    wrote:

    > So your options are $50 for 3GB or $70 for 10GB. No option for 5GB.
    >
    > Next time try doing the basic research yourself.

    Calm down, sonny jim.

    I did the rounds of the ISPs, but was looking for recommendations - or
    opinions which are so often volunteered on this group. Besides, why do
    ALL the work myself when I can have someone who is as helpful, courteous
    AND polite as you to do it for me.

    Asshole.

    Mark., May 14, 2004
  6. Steve Robertson

    uh oh! Guest

    Mark. wrote:
    > Which ISP would you recommend for Jetsurf (excluding Xtra) ? I'm using
    > Jetstart on paradise and now want to move up to 256K, preferably with
    > same data cap (10GB) but no less than 5GB, and for no more than I am
    > paying now ($30 paradise, $30 Telecom)

    as the data on jetsurf plans is carried by telecom, your choice of isp
    will be mostly cosmetic :p

    uh oh!, May 14, 2004