    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    http://www.nrkn.com/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

    Nik Coughin, Jan 24, 2005

  2. "Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote:

    >Anyone else having trouble with Jetstream, or is it just us? Keeps timing
    >out, then it will work fine for a while, then it starts timing out again.
    >Nightmare.

    Ditto with IHUG's UBS offering, Bliink. It fell over midday yesterday
    and again a little after midnight last night.

    Steve Marshall, Jan 24, 2005

  3. Nik Coughin

    Chris Hope Guest

    Steve Marshall wrote:

    > "Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone else having trouble with Jetstream, or is it just us? Keeps
    >>timing out, then it will work fine for a while, then it starts timing
    >>out again. Nightmare.

    > Ditto with IHUG's UBS offering, Bliink. It fell over midday yesterday
    > and again a little after midnight last night.

    Did it? I didn't affect me and I'm a pretty heavy user.

    Chris Hope, Jan 24, 2005
  4. Nik Coughin

    steven Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:00:39 +1300, Chris Hope wrote:

    > Steve Marshall wrote:
    >
    >> "Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone else having trouble with Jetstream, or is it just us? Keeps
    >>>timing out, then it will work fine for a while, then it starts timing
    >>>out again. Nightmare.

    >> Ditto with IHUG's UBS offering, Bliink. It fell over midday yesterday
    >> and again a little after midnight last night.

    > Did it? I didn't affect me and I'm a pretty heavy user.

    at least for me in dunedin it fell over at

    24/Jan/2005 12:00:06

    my firewall is set to persistant connection so i got a whole pile of

    RAS error: Unable to dial "ADSL PCI NIC"
    Unable to dial "ADSL PCI NIC" (Access was denied because the username
    and/or password was invalid on the domain.).

    makes me think that their (or telecoms i dont know who handles auth) auth
    server went belly up.

    my system reconnected at 24/Jan/2005 13:41:49, makes it a bitch when you do
    a lot of stuff remotely and NEED a persistant connection.

    then the system fell over AGAIN
    25/Jan/2005 01:07:25 -> 25/Jan/2005 01:10:24 - much shorter this time but i
    really wish whoever looks after the servers would do it better.

    --
    -------------------------------------
    Steven H (.net geek)

    steven, Jan 24, 2005
  5. Nik Coughin

    Chris Hope Guest

    steven wrote:

    > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:00:39 +1300, Chris Hope wrote:
    >
    >> Steve Marshall wrote:

    >>> Ditto with IHUG's UBS offering, Bliink. It fell over midday
    >>> yesterday and again a little after midnight last night.

    >> Did it? I didn't affect me and I'm a pretty heavy user.

    > at least for me in dunedin it fell over at
    >
    > 24/Jan/2005 12:00:06
    >
    > my firewall is set to persistant connection so i got a whole pile of
    >
    > RAS error: Unable to dial "ADSL PCI NIC"
    > Unable to dial "ADSL PCI NIC" (Access was denied because the username
    > and/or password was invalid on the domain.).
    >
    > makes me think that their (or telecoms i dont know who handles auth)
    > auth server went belly up.
    >
    > my system reconnected at 24/Jan/2005 13:41:49, makes it a bitch when
    > you do a lot of stuff remotely and NEED a persistant connection.
    >
    > then the system fell over AGAIN
    > 25/Jan/2005 01:07:25 -> 25/Jan/2005 01:10:24 - much shorter this time
    > but i really wish whoever looks after the servers would do it better.

    That sucks :( I had some problems a while back when I was still on
    Jetstream and it's a bit hard doing web development work when you have
    no access to the web for 2 or 3 hours at a time.

    Chris Hope, Jan 24, 2005
  6. Nik Coughin

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Nik Coughin wrote:
    > Anyone else having trouble with Jetstream, or is it just us? Keeps
    > timing out, then it will work fine for a while, then it starts timing
    > out again. Nightmare.

    My pings vary between request timed out (most common), destination host
    unreachable, could not find host and, very occasionally, working just fine.

    xtra support:
    Due to an unexpected demand in calls you may experience a delay before your
    call is answered. Thank you for your patience.

    xtra.co.nz:
    Network Status
    Current Status
    There are currently no known problems with the Xtra Network.

    xtra support (summary):
    Yes, there is a known issue, but it can be resolved by resetting your adsl
    modem. That didn't fix it? You have an Alcatel Speed Touch? We don't
    support those. You'll have to call the Alcatel helpline.

    Alcatel support (summary):
    The chances that it is something to do with the modem are very slim and that
    it sounds like Xtra's RAS server is playing up.

    Now everything is working fine (And I have an hour to do 2.5 hours worth of
    preperation for a meeting this afternoon, and that's provided that I have
    uninterrupted net access for that hour). Argh. I have to say, Alcatel
    support was brilliant.

    Nik Coughin, Jan 25, 2005
  7. Chris Hope wrote:
    > That sucks :( I had some problems a while back when I was still on
    > Jetstream and it's a bit hard doing web development work when you have
    > no access to the web for 2 or 3 hours at a time.

    no local dev box?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 25, 2005
  8. Nik Coughin

    Chris Hope Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Chris Hope wrote:
    >> That sucks :( I had some problems a while back when I was still on
    >> Jetstream and it's a bit hard doing web development work when you
    >> have no access to the web for 2 or 3 hours at a time.

    > no local dev box?

    Of course - and I have 5 desktops and 3 laptops in my home office... But
    when you need to check your email, upload stuff etc it's a pain in the
    ass. When I moved from Jetstream to UBS my connection was down for five
    days over a weekend and I had to resort to dial up :(

    Chris Hope, Jan 25, 2005
  9. Nik Coughin

    Italian Jobs Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:02:50 +1300, "Nik Coughin"
    <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote:

    >Nik Coughin wrote:
    >> Anyone else having trouble with Jetstream, or is it just us? Keeps
    >> timing out, then it will work fine for a while, then it starts timing
    >> out again. Nightmare.

    >My pings vary between request timed out (most common), destination host
    >unreachable, could not find host and, very occasionally, working just fine.
    >
    >xtra support:
    >Due to an unexpected demand in calls you may experience a delay before your
    >call is answered. Thank you for your patience.
    >
    >xtra.co.nz:
    >Network Status
    >Current Status
    >There are currently no known problems with the Xtra Network.
    >
    >xtra support (summary):
    >Yes, there is a known issue, but it can be resolved by resetting your adsl
    >modem. That didn't fix it? You have an Alcatel Speed Touch? We don't
    >support those. You'll have to call the Alcatel helpline.
    >
    >Alcatel support (summary):
    >The chances that it is something to do with the modem are very slim and that
    >it sounds like Xtra's RAS server is playing up.
    >
    >Now everything is working fine (And I have an hour to do 2.5 hours worth of
    >preperation for a meeting this afternoon, and that's provided that I have
    >uninterrupted net access for that hour). Argh. I have to say, Alcatel
    >support was brilliant.

    Me too. On a 210.blah.blah.blah address I've had the same issues. Is
    that the problem?

    Italian Jobs, Jan 25, 2005