    month.

    It is a silly plan to be with, considering you can get much cheaper plans
    with faster speeds.

    Jedmeister, Mar 11, 2005

  2. "Jedmeister" <> wrote in
    news:kNbYd.8702$:

    > I thought telecom moved all there customers off this.

    They "grandfathered" all JetStart plans:
    http://www.telecom.co.nz/binarys/26_july_2004 industry_presentation
    1.pdf
    (page 5)

    > Just visited the parents and they were still on this plan,
    > paying 65bucks a month.

    They may have prodded people to move off, but if they resisted
    prodding, they (so it seems) will be left on Jetstream Starter.

    Mark

    Mark Cranness, Mar 11, 2005

  3. Jedmeister

    Jedmeister Guest

    "Mark Cranness" <> wrote in message
    > "Jedmeister" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I thought telecom moved all there customers off this.

    > They "grandfathered" all JetStart plans:
    > http://www.telecom.co.nz/binarys/26_july_2004 industry_presentation
    > 1.pdf
    > (page 5)
    >
    >> Just visited the parents and they were still on this plan,
    >> paying 65bucks a month.

    > They may have prodded people to move off, but if they resisted
    > prodding, they (so it seems) will be left on Jetstream Starter.
    >
    > Mark

    Yes, so it seems - my parents have no real idea about the charges they pay
    for the jetstream. But, the way telecom presents the bill is fairly
    confusing too. 2 monthly charges (isp/jetstream) which to them is a single
    service.

    Also, each bill they get a 500 odd dollar charge for usage, and a credit for
    the same amount.

    Jedmeister, Mar 11, 2005
  4. Jedmeister

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Jedmeister" <> wrote in

    > Also, each bill they get a 500 odd dollar charge for usage, and a
    > credit for the same amount.

    Something screwy

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Mar 11, 2005
  5. Jedmeister

    David Guest

    Jedmeister wrote:
    > I thought telecom moved all there customers off this.
    >
    > Just visited the parents and they were still on this plan, paying 65bucks a
    > month.
    >
    > It is a silly plan to be with, considering you can get much cheaper plans
    > with faster speeds.

    I am still on this plan, and want to move off (the speed is so slow that
    i hardly use it anymore except for web and email)
    I didnt want to move to 2mbit (10gig cap) because of the extra charge
    for people who dont have telecum tolls, but on the orcon site
    ("Jetstream plus") it doesnt mention this charge, so maybe it is an Xtra
    thing?

    David, Mar 11, 2005
  6. Jedmeister

    BMR Guest