    BB
    NZ

    --

    BB, Nov 30, 2003

  2. BB wrote:

    > Thanks Telecom you fucks!
    >
    > I can't even play DOD now when someone else is browsing the web. Shit, I'm
    > not expecting a lot. Roll on Whoosh!
    >
    > Telecom is about to lose ALL of my business

    Woosh is worse for gaming.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Nov 30, 2003

  3. BB

    BB Guest

    > > Thanks Telecom you fucks!
    > >
    > > I can't even play DOD now when someone else is browsing the web. Shit,

    I'm
    > > not expecting a lot. Roll on Whoosh!
    > >
    > > Telecom is about to lose ALL of my business

    > Woosh is worse for gaming.

    I realise that fully...I'm more eager to stop supplying Telecom any of my
    money. I'll sacrifice online gaming for that. Maybe more of us should
    boycott Telecom and hit it where it'll feel it.

    BTW...Sony is about to trial it's online gaming in NZ...you must have 256K
    broadband according to the required specs. I hope it has done it's homework,
    or twisted Telecoms puny little arm somewhat to offer some good support for
    gamers.f

    BB
    NZ

    BB, Nov 30, 2003
  4. BB

    David Guest

    > BTW...Sony is about to trial it's online gaming in NZ...you must have 256K
    > broadband according to the required specs. I hope it has done it's

    homework,
    > or twisted Telecoms puny little arm somewhat to offer some good support

    for
    > gamers.f
    >
    > BB
    > NZ

    15,000 broadband users...say half of them decide to boycott, that is 7500
    Telecom users, at say $50 per month, that is a annual loss of income of
    $4.5m - nope boycott won't work, requires government to legislate to remove
    the monopoly they have...then you will see a) some service and b) cheaper
    rates and c) 'real' broadband

    David, Nov 30, 2003
  5. BB

    cowboyz Guest

    BB wrote:
    > Thanks Telecom you fucks!
    >
    > I can't even play DOD now when someone else is browsing the web.
    > Shit, I'm not expecting a lot. Roll on Whoosh!
    >
    > Telecom is about to lose ALL of my business
    >
    > BB
    > NZ

    I'm sure that will upset them.........

    cowboyz, Nov 30, 2003
  6. BB

    cowboyz Guest

    BB wrote:
    >>> Thanks Telecom you fucks!
    >>>
    >>> I can't even play DOD now when someone else is browsing the web.
    >>> Shit, I'm not expecting a lot. Roll on Whoosh!
    >>>
    >>> Telecom is about to lose ALL of my business

    >> Woosh is worse for gaming.

    > I realise that fully...I'm more eager to stop supplying Telecom any
    > of my money. I'll sacrifice online gaming for that. Maybe more of us
    > should boycott Telecom and hit it where it'll feel it.
    >
    > BTW...Sony is about to trial it's online gaming in NZ...you must have
    > 256K broadband according to the required specs. I hope it has done
    > it's homework, or twisted Telecoms puny little arm somewhat to offer
    > some good support for gamers.f
    >
    > BB
    > NZ

    Ironic really....... your complaining about online gaming and then willing
    to giveup online gaming.................

    hmmmmmmm

    cowboyz, Nov 30, 2003
  7. BB

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in news:bqdf7i$v1h$:

    > BB wrote:
    >> Thanks Telecom you fucks!
    >>
    >> I can't even play DOD now when someone else is browsing the web.
    >> Shit, I'm not expecting a lot. Roll on Whoosh!
    >>
    >> Telecom is about to lose ALL of my business
    >>
    >> BB
    >> NZ

    > I'm sure that will upset them.........

    How sure are you - 99.99% sure ?

    Chris Mayhew, Nov 30, 2003
  8. BB

    T.N.O. Guest

    cowboyz wrote:
    > Ironic really....... your complaining about online gaming and then willing
    > to giveup online gaming.................
    > hmmmmmmm

    Well, if they cant play games on Jetstart, and they cant play games on
    Woosh, what does it matter who they use?

    T.N.O., Dec 1, 2003
  9. Yeah I can see yours and everyone elses boycotting affecting
    their profit of $700M. I doubt they care at all.

    Andre Southgate, Dec 1, 2003
  10. BB

    whoisthis Guest

    In article <o4iyb.10516$>,
    "BB" <> wrote:

    > Thanks Telecom you fucks!
    >
    > I can't even play DOD now when someone else is browsing the web. Shit, I'm
    > not expecting a lot. Roll on Whoosh!
    >
    > Telecom is about to lose ALL of my business

    Yawn....
    Well it works well for me....but then again I don't play games on line,
    I prefer real people.

    whoisthis, Dec 1, 2003
  11. BB

    asdf Guest

    By using the internet your suporting tellecom arnt you?? IE they the ones
    with the big fat pipe to the rest of the world, so woosh is still paying
    tellcome for the the bandwith!.?

    asdf, Dec 1, 2003
  12. BB

    jonas Guest

    I cant even browse the web while downloading, and using MSN on another
    computer causes my ping to rise to 999 frequently making gaming useless.

    jonas, Dec 2, 2003
  13. [top posting only cos jonas started it]

    Surely this is something that running a traffic shaper like htb can
    easily handle.

    I suspect you could simply get a script like wonder shaper and modify it
    a bit to give the gaming ports priority.

    Kurt Häusler, Dec 2, 2003
  14. "whoisthis" <> wrote in message
    > In article <o4iyb.10516$>,
    > "BB" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks Telecom you fucks!
    > >
    > > I can't even play DOD now when someone else is browsing the web. Shit,

    I'm
    > > not expecting a lot. Roll on Whoosh!
    > >
    > > Telecom is about to lose ALL of my business
    > >

    > Yawn....
    > Well it works well for me....but then again I don't play games on line,
    > I prefer real people.

    I bought the modem, then stopped. If you can only do what you normally do
    without running into extra charges, AND the data rate plummets to what I get
    from the dial-up, as reported by friends, then it's not worth my while.

    Henry

    Henry Falkner, Dec 2, 2003