Jet Surf

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Kevin Cosgrove, May 11, 2004.

  1. Those who have the 256k connection. Whats the opinion on it. Is it
    worth it.

    Kevin Cosgrove, May 11, 2004

  2. Kevin Cosgrove

    Allistar Guest

    Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

    > Those who have the 256k connection. Whats the opinion on it. Is it
    > worth it.

    In my opinion, yes. 32kb/s sure beats 16kb/s.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, May 11, 2004

  3. Kevin Cosgrove

    EMB Guest

    In news:UNWnc.1211$,
    Allistar <> expelled:
    > Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
    >
    >> Those who have the 256k connection. Whats the opinion on it. Is it
    >> worth it.

    > In my opinion, yes. 32kb/s sure beats 16kb/s.
    >
    > Allistar.

    Seconded. So long as you don't get a 222.x.x.x IP address.

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply

    EMB, May 11, 2004
  4. Kevin Cosgrove

    John B Guest

    Yep. 32 vs 3.4 d/loads.

    --
    John B

    John B, May 11, 2004
  5. Kevin Cosgrove

    Steve Guest

    Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
    > Those who have the 256k connection. Whats the opinion on it. Is it
    > worth it.

    Yup.

    Steve, May 11, 2004
  6. Kevin Cosgrove

    Max Barwell Guest

    On Tue, 11 May 2004 13:56:28 +1200, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:

    > Those who have the 256k connection. Whats the opinion on it. Is it
    > worth it.

    yes it rules, especially if like me you share the connection amongst
    flatmates, so cost is not really an issue.
    Coming from the 128k jetstart it seems alot faster, cant wait to try real
    broadband one day, but if i tried now i'd end up owing telecom my soul.
    I heard they haven't got their traffic shaping software up yet, as its
    supposed to drop to 64k after you reach 10GB, and i guess they haven't,
    20GB and going strong.

    -- max

    Max Barwell, May 11, 2004
  7. Kevin Cosgrove

    Michael Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > In news:UNWnc.1211$,
    > Allistar <> expelled:
    >
    >>Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
    >>

    >>>Those who have the 256k connection. Whats the opinion on it. Is it
    >>>worth it.

    >>In my opinion, yes. 32kb/s sure beats 16kb/s.
    >>
    >>Allistar.

    > Seconded. So long as you don't get a 222.x.x.x IP address.

    whats wrong with the 222.. ones?

    Michael, May 11, 2004
  8. Kevin Cosgrove

    Mr Scebe Guest

    > Those who have the 256k connection. Whats the opinion on it. Is it
    > worth it.

    Definitely.

    --
    Mr Scebe
    "Never trust a woman or a government"

    Mr Scebe, May 11, 2004
  9. Kevin Cosgrove

    uh oh! Guest

    Michael wrote:
    > EMB wrote:
    >
    >> In news:UNWnc.1211$,
    >> Allistar <> expelled:

    >>> In my opinion, yes. 32kb/s sure beats 16kb/s.
    >>>
    >>> Allistar.

    >> Seconded. So long as you don't get a 222.x.x.x IP address.
    >>

    > whats wrong with the 222.. ones?

    Some ISPs still seem to consider it bogon (unallocated) address space -
    they're mostly overseas.

    uh oh!, May 11, 2004