    a friend of mine recently purchased a "SECOND HAND" digital camera from one of their glasgow branches.it was an olympus c-310.he
    paid them £100.for a "SECOND HAND CAMERA"point is...the same camera can be bought "NEW" from dixons or pc world for £99.98p."FOOD
    FOR THOUGHT"

    tbm, Jan 25, 2005

  2. tbm

    Darrell Guest

    "tbm" <> wrote in message
    news:OIrJd.908$...
    > hi group,
    > a friend of mine recently purchased a "SECOND HAND" digital camera from

    one of their glasgow branches.it was an olympus c-310.he
    > paid them £100.for a "SECOND HAND CAMERA"point is...the same camera can be

    bought "NEW" from dixons or pc world for £99.98p."FOOD
    > FOR THOUGHT"

    Caveat Emptor. So no research

    Darrell, Jan 25, 2005

  3. tbm wrote:
    > hi group,
    > a friend of mine recently purchased a "SECOND HAND" digital camera
    > from one of their glasgow branches.it was an olympus c-310.he paid
    > them £100.for a "SECOND HAND CAMERA"point is...the same camera can be
    > bought "NEW" from dixons or pc world for £99.98p."FOOD FOR THOUGHT"

    Why did he do that? Did he not know the price? Did he do no research
    first?
    Did he not say: "That price is as much as a new camera, can't you reduce
    it?".

    Items on eBay often sell for more than the new price, and I'm sure if you
    were selling something you would want to get the best price you could for
    it.

    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 25, 2005
  4. tbm

    Pete S. Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:20:46 GMT, "tbm"
    <> wrote:

    >hi group,
    >a friend of mine recently purchased a "SECOND HAND" digital camera from one of their glasgow branches.it was an olympus c-310.he
    >paid them £100.for a "SECOND HAND CAMERA"point is...the same camera can be bought "NEW" from dixons or pc world for £99.98p."FOOD
    >FOR THOUGHT"

    He's a muppet.

    Pete S.

    www.derwentelec.clara.co.uk

    Pete S., Jan 25, 2005
  5. tbm

    Des Perado Guest

    "tbm" <> wrote in message
    > hi group,
    > a friend of mine recently purchased a "SECOND HAND" digital camera from
    > one of their glasgow branches.it was an olympus c-310.he
    > paid them £100.for a "SECOND HAND CAMERA"point is...the same camera can be
    > bought "NEW"

    If that lad has money to waste then it's his lookout. Most people do quite
    a bit of research before shelling out.

    Des Perado, Jan 25, 2005
  6. tbm

    Pete Fenelon Guest

    tbm <> wrote:
    > hi group,
    > a friend of mine recently purchased a "SECOND HAND" digital camera from one of their glasgow branches.it was an olympus c-310.he
    > paid them £100.for a "SECOND HAND CAMERA"point is...the same camera can be bought "NEW" from dixons or pc world for £99.98p."FOOD
    > FOR THOUGHT"

    Yeah. Your friend wasn't smart enough to shop around. Life's hard.

    pete
    --
    "there's no room for enigmas in built-up areas"

    Pete Fenelon, Jan 25, 2005