    date.(Win 98) Yet again, Microsoft want to deprive me of the cost of a new
    PC!
    Any ideas to increase the frame rate of movie downloads?
    Mushroom, Sep 28, 2003

  2. Mushroom

    dr_hardwrae Guest

    "Mushroom" <> wrote in message
    news:bl6ulj$c5r$...
    > While I'm here, I may as well unload another annyoing characteristic my PC
    > has. I recently subscribed to BT OPENWORLD Broadband in the hope of being
    > able to watch high quality trailers, mainly of xbox games. When I download
    > movies, they run very jerky, even though the hard drive is easily coping
    > with it. Ok, I have an ancient processor (450MHz) and a small-ish amount

    of
    > ram (128Mb) but it's only something like 640X480 and can't be that

    demanding
    > to play. I can't stream movies from the official XBox site as my Win Med
    > Player is too old and I can't download the new one since my OS is out of
    > date.(Win 98) Yet again, Microsoft want to deprive me of the cost of a new
    > PC!
    > Any ideas to increase the frame rate of movie downloads?

    Three things to do with jerky video: you should have minimum 256 MB memory
    (512 MB even better), a faster CPU and most important is the video card and
    the amount of memory on it.

    You may want to check with the manufacturer's web site for the video card
    and see if any new drivers are available also.
    dr_hardwrae, Sep 28, 2003