    is some deeper problem - if you see what I mean
    TIA for any thoughts and suggestions
    Clive
    Clive Bundy, Aug 3, 2006

  2. Clive Bundy

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 18:51:11 +0100, "Clive Bundy"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >I wonder if someone would help me Please.
    >For no OBVIOUS reason my mouse has become jerky along with any movement of
    >windows etc on my desk top - there appears to be a delay moving things
    >around - BUT NOT ALWAYS!!!! I have cleaned and serviced the mouse a bog
    >standard version
    >My PC has XP home edition SP2 as its operating system. I have run a number
    >of loaded Virus programs and one or two online but can find no problem. It
    >is one of those thongs that is more a nuisance than anything _ unless there
    >is some deeper problem - if you see what I mean
    >TIA for any thoughts and suggestions

    How old is the mouse?

    Standard mouse with a trackball? (I have no idea what a "bog standard
    version" is) Ditch it, get a laser or optical mouse.
    Evan Platt, Aug 3, 2006

  3. Clive Bundy

    dadiOH Guest

    Clive Bundy wrote:
    > Hi
    > I wonder if someone would help me Please.
    > For no OBVIOUS reason my mouse has become jerky along with any
    > movement of windows etc on my desk top - there appears to be a
    > delay moving things around - BUT NOT ALWAYS!!!! I have cleaned and
    > serviced the mouse a bog standard version
    > My PC has XP home edition SP2 as its operating system. I have run a
    > number of loaded Virus programs and one or two online but can find
    > no problem. It is one of those thongs that is more a nuisance than
    > anything _ unless there is some deeper problem - if you see what I
    > mean
    > TIA for any thoughts and suggestions
    > Clive

    It sounds to me as if the CPU is busy doing something else. Does XP
    have an equivalent to the W98 System Monitor? You could use that to
    check. Problem would be in finding out *what* was consuming the CPU
    time.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Aug 3, 2006
  4. Clive Bundy

    7 Guest

    Clive Bundy wrote:

    > Hi
    > I wonder if someone would help me Please.
    > For no OBVIOUS reason my mouse has become jerky along with any movement of
    > windows etc on my desk top - there appears to be a delay moving things
    > around - BUT NOT ALWAYS!!!!

    You can boot with open source livecds like DSL, Knoppix, Mepis etc to check
    out the speed and general responsiveness of the hardware
    http://www.livecdlist.com
    and if there are no problems running off of the livecd
    then you know it may be the ex-pee install thats been
    borked (may need to hose it and re-install).
    7, Aug 3, 2006
  5. Clive Bundy

    McWideGlide Guest

    "Clive Bundy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I wonder if someone would help me Please.
    > For no OBVIOUS reason my mouse has become jerky along with any movement of
    > windows etc on my desk top - there appears to be a delay moving things
    > around - BUT NOT ALWAYS!!!! I have cleaned and serviced the mouse a bog
    > standard version
    > My PC has XP home edition SP2 as its operating system. I have run a number
    > of loaded Virus programs and one or two online but can find no problem. It
    > is one of those thongs that is more a nuisance than anything _ unless
    > there is some deeper problem - if you see what I mean
    > TIA for any thoughts and suggestions
    > Clive

    I once had that problem. It was caused by having more that one anti virus
    program running at the same time. I opted to uninstall the trial version
    that came with the computer and use Norton anti virus. No problems since.
    good luck.
    McWideGlide, Aug 4, 2006