    his computer was infected and when he sent E-mail out it infected others and
    since I am on his mail list I may have it. What Should I Do.

    Name of File: jdbgmgr.exe

    Pete, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Pete

    Me Guest

    Try typing jdbgmgr.exe into http://www.google.ca/ and see what you get.

    Me, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Pete

    doS Guest

    HOAX

    doS, Sep 7, 2003
  4. Pete

    Steven Guest

    its a fake alert dont delete it.

    Steven, Sep 7, 2003
  5. Pete

    rgm Guest

    Educate Yourself

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html

    rgm, Sep 7, 2003
  6. Pete

    °Mike° Guest

    It's the notorious 'Teddy Bear' hoax.

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html
    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.html
    http://www.f-secure.com/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.shtml
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99436.htm
    http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/jdbgmgr.htm
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl-jdbgmgr-virus.htm

    On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:31:16 -0400, in
    <>
    Pete scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 7, 2003
  7. Pete

    Shel-hed Guest

    This is a good time to learn to use your killfilter.
    Plonk the sucker.

    On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:31:16 -0400, "Pete" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    Shel-hed, Sep 7, 2003
  8. Pete Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <>:

    > I received a message to delete this file because the file is a virus
    > and
    > will destroy my computer in 14 days. The message came from someone
    > that has
    > been sending me messages for some time without my permission. He
    > said that his computer was infected and when he sent E-mail out it
    > infected others and
    > since I am on his mail list I may have it. What Should I Do.
    >
    > Name of File: jdbgmgr.exe

    Ignore it. It's a hoax. www.snopes.com/computer/virus/jdbgmgr.htm

    HTH.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Sep 7, 2003
  9. Pete

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:31:16 -0400, "Pete" <> scribbled:

    > What Should I Do.

    Immediately format your drive, after that take the computer outside
    and cover it in 1 cup of gasoline, cook until well done. Then bury the
    remains and salt the earth over the grave.

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Sep 8, 2003
  10. Pete

    Zknb Guest

    Set up a fliter to place all mail received from this person
    automaticly into the trash.

    Zknb, Sep 8, 2003
  11. Pete

    Juan Pérez Guest

    jdbgmgr.exe is Microsoft Debugger Registrar for Java. Don't delete it.

    Juan Pérez, Sep 8, 2003
  12. Pete

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Pete continued:

    > I received a message to delete this file because the file is a virus
    > and will destroy my computer in 14 days. The message came from
    > someone that has been sending me messages for some time without my
    > permission. He said that his computer was infected and when he sent
    > E-mail out it infected others and since I am on his mail list I may
    > have it. What Should I Do.
    >
    > Name of File: jdbgmgr.exe

    Tell the guy he's a prick.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Sep 8, 2003
  13. Pete

    Raine Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Pete continued:
    >
    >> I received a message to delete this file because the file is a virus
    >> and will destroy my computer in 14 days. The message came from
    >> someone that has been sending me messages for some time without my
    >> permission. He said that his computer was infected and when he sent
    >> E-mail out it infected others and since I am on his mail list I may
    >> have it. What Should I Do.
    >>
    >> Name of File: jdbgmgr.exe

    > Tell the guy he's a prick.

    And the only reason I haven't deleted the little teddy bear icon from my
    files is because he's *cute*.tee hee.
    Seriously though, I also had mail telling me to delete that file, was
    just going to post in about it when I saw the thread pertaining to it.
    Thanks again, you lot have saved me some hassle!
    Raine

    Raine, Sep 8, 2003
  14. Pete

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Raine continued:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    >> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Pete continued:
    >>
    >>> I received a message to delete this file because the file is a virus
    >>> and will destroy my computer in 14 days. The message came from
    >>> someone that has been sending me messages for some time without my
    >>> permission. He said that his computer was infected and when he sent
    >>> E-mail out it infected others and since I am on his mail list I may
    >>> have it. What Should I Do.
    >>>
    >>> Name of File: jdbgmgr.exe

    >> Tell the guy he's a prick.

    > And the only reason I haven't deleted the little teddy bear icon from
    > my files is because he's *cute*.tee hee.
    > Seriously though, I also had mail telling me to delete that file, was
    > just going to post in about it when I saw the thread pertaining to it.
    > Thanks again, you lot have saved me some hassle!
    > Raine

    The daft thing is that people email their entire address book feeling
    kinda superior because /they/ got the warning in first, don't bother to
    verify the information and don't reboot their system until after the
    email is sent. Too late then ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Sep 8, 2003
  15. Pete

    Raine Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Raine continued:
    >
    >> slumpy wrote:
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Pete continued:

    >>> Tell the guy he's a prick.

    >> And the only reason I haven't deleted the little teddy bear icon from
    >> my files is because he's *cute*.tee hee.
    >> Seriously though, I also had mail telling me to delete that file,
    >> was just going to post in about it when I saw the thread pertaining
    >> to it. Thanks again, you lot have saved me some hassle!
    >> Raine

    > The daft thing is that people email their entire address book feeling
    > kinda superior because /they/ got the warning in first, don't bother
    > to verify the information and don't reboot their system until after
    > the email is sent. Too late then ;-)

    Hey, Slumpy, hehehe, I can't be held to blame for sending hoax virus
    warnings all over the place, I only have 3 email addresses in my book.
    ;-)

    Raine, Sep 8, 2003
  16. Pete

    navyretired Guest

    This hoax, like the SULFNBK.EXE Warning hoax, tries to encourage you to
    delete a legitimate Windows file from your computer. Jdbgmgr.exe is the file
    to which the hoax refers, and it is the Microsoft Debugger Registrar for
    Java. The Jdbgmgr.exe file may be installed when you install Windows.

    navyretired, Sep 8, 2003