    Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
    order is on the way etc?

    PseUDO
    PseUDO, Aug 20, 2004

  2. PseUDO

    ripping silk Guest

    PseUDO wrote:
    > Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.
    >
    > I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
    > email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
    > them.
    >
    > Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
    > order is on the way etc?
    >
    > PseUDO

    I've heard good reports about them ... but there was this one time... i
    went to the khyber pass shop.. and I've not ever encountered a more
    disinterested, uninformed group of people before... so I don't bother
    no more...
    ripping silk, Aug 20, 2004

  3. PseUDO

    JohnO Guest

    "PseUDO" <> wrote in message
    > Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.
    >
    > I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
    > email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
    > them.
    >
    > Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
    > order is on the way etc?
    >
    > PseUDO

    I ordered some components from them. Most turned up but some items were on
    backorder on the invoice but not on the pickslip, and one item that was not
    backordered and was on the pickslip was not in the shipment. They got it all
    sorted eventually.
    JohnO, Aug 20, 2004
  4. PseUDO

    JohnO Guest

    "JohnO" <> wrote in message

    > "PseUDO" <> wrote in message
    > > Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.
    > >
    > > I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
    > > email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
    > > them.
    > >
    > > Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
    > > order is on the way etc?
    > >
    > > PseUDO

    > I ordered some components from them. Most turned up but some items were on
    > backorder on the invoice but not on the pickslip, and one item that was

    not
    > backordered and was on the pickslip was not in the shipment. They got it

    all
    > sorted eventually.

    Oh, and yeah, I did get an email order confirmation same day that I placed
    the order.
    JohnO, Aug 20, 2004
  5. PseUDO

    Harry Guest

    ripping silk wrote:

    > PseUDO wrote:
    >> Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.
    >>
    >> I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
    >> email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
    >> them.
    >>
    >> Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
    >> order is on the way etc?
    >>
    >> PseUDO

    > I've heard good reports about them ... but there was this one time... i
    > went to the khyber pass shop.. and I've not ever encountered a more
    > disinterested, uninformed group of people before... so I don't bother
    > no more...

    That is the typical NZ attitude unfortunately.
    Go into any Jaycar shop in Australia and the service is excellent.
    Harry, Aug 20, 2004
  6. PseUDO

    Tim Guest

    Not quite. The guys in the shop in CHCH are good.
    - Tim

    Tim, Aug 21, 2004
  7. In article <cg3pfr$u8$> in nz.comp on Fri, 20 Aug 2004
    15:00:12 +1200, ripping silk <> says...
    > PseUDO wrote:
    > > Anybody had any dealing's with Jaycar??.
    > >
    > > I ordered some items from them on Monday, and other than an automated
    > > email at the time i placed my order, i haven't heard anything else from
    > > them.
    > >
    > > Just wanted to know do they send an email to let you know that your
    > > order is on the way etc?
    > >
    > > PseUDO

    > I've heard good reports about them ... but there was this one time... i
    > went to the khyber pass shop.. and I've not ever encountered a more
    > disinterested, uninformed group of people before... so I don't bother
    > no more...

    They sell a better range of stuff than DSE.
    Patrick Dunford, Aug 21, 2004
  8. PseUDO

    Ray Colvill Guest

    Jaycar catalogue is nearly 500 pages of interesting gear.

    DSE is seriously reduced to 140 pages, and is a wasted effort.

    http://mail.spaminspector.com

    Ray Colvill, Aug 24, 2004
  9. In article <1xAWc.39$> in nz.comp on Tue, 24 Aug
    2004 17:39:56 +1200, Ray Colvill <> says...
    > Jaycar catalogue is nearly 500 pages of interesting gear.
    >
    > DSE is seriously reduced to 140 pages, and is a wasted effort.

    I believe the DSE catalogue only shows a subset of their product range,
    which is all listed online.
    Patrick Dunford, Aug 24, 2004
  10. PseUDO

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > In article <1xAWc.39$> in nz.comp on Tue, 24
    > Aug 2004 17:39:56 +1200, Ray Colvill <>
    > says...
    >> Jaycar catalogue is nearly 500 pages of interesting gear.
    >>
    >> DSE is seriously reduced to 140 pages, and is a wasted effort.

    > I believe the DSE catalogue only shows a subset of their product
    > range, which is all listed online.

    I think you can also ask for a copy of their full catalogue on CD. I was
    given one a while ago when I complained about their paper catalogue being
    downgraded.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 25, 2004
  11. PseUDO

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:28:18 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >> In article <1xAWc.39$> in nz.comp on Tue, 24
    >> Aug 2004 17:39:56 +1200, Ray Colvill <>
    >> says...
    >>> Jaycar catalogue is nearly 500 pages of interesting gear.
    >>>
    >>> DSE is seriously reduced to 140 pages, and is a wasted effort.

    >> I believe the DSE catalogue only shows a subset of their product
    >> range, which is all listed online.

    >I think you can also ask for a copy of their full catalogue on CD. I was
    >given one a while ago when I complained about their paper catalogue being
    >downgraded.

    DSE tried to replace the paper catalogue with the CD but are now
    releasing their "2004 electronics catalogue" which is 144 pages.
    Bret, Aug 25, 2004
  12. PseUDO

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Bret wrote:
    > On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:28:18 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >>> In article <1xAWc.39$> in nz.comp on Tue, 24
    >>> Aug 2004 17:39:56 +1200, Ray Colvill <>
    >>> says...

    >>> I believe the DSE catalogue only shows a subset of their product
    >>> range, which is all listed online.

    >> I think you can also ask for a copy of their full catalogue on CD. I
    >> was given one a while ago when I complained about their paper
    >> catalogue being downgraded.

    > DSE tried to replace the paper catalogue with the CD but are now
    > releasing their "2004 electronics catalogue" which is 144 pages.

    Ok, ta.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 25, 2004
  13. In article <cg3pfr$u8$>, says...
    > I've heard good reports about them ... but there was this one time... i
    > went to the khyber pass shop.. and I've not ever encountered a more
    > disinterested, uninformed group of people before... so I don't bother
    > no more...

    I found the guys in the shop in Glenfield extremely good and helpful,
    the couple of times I've been in there.

    -Peter
    Peter Huebner, Sep 2, 2004