    stretch of the imagination... what's the difference between the Universal
    DVD and the Goodtimes release? Do they contain different footage or scenes?

    Aphelion

    Aphelion, Jul 6, 2004

  2. Re: The Revenge, Release Differences?

    Aphelion wrote:
    > Strictly from a collector's standpoint, as this is not a good movie
    > by any stretch of the imagination... what's the difference between
    > the Universal DVD and the Goodtimes release? Do they contain
    > different footage or scenes?
    >
    > Aphelion

    I would assume the Universal release has better picture and sound
    since its from Universal. That and having to sit thru at least three
    previews
    before you are allowed to the main menu. ;-)

    --
    Brian The Demolition Man Little
    TNAImpact.com Columnist & Message Board Mod

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Jul 6, 2004

  3. Aphelion

    Mike Kohary Guest

    On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 00:33:07 GMT, "Aphelion" <>
    wrote:

    >Strictly from a collector's standpoint, as this is not a good movie by any
    >stretch of the imagination... what's the difference between the Universal
    >DVD and the Goodtimes release? Do they contain different footage or scenes?

    I don't know for a fact, as I wouldn't be able to bring myself to sit
    down and watch them both, but I think it's safe to assume the
    Universal disc is the, <ahem>, superior version. ;)

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Jul 6, 2004
  4. If this is Jaws 2, a lot of people considered it as good or almost as good as
    the first one.

    If it's Jaws 3, a lot of people considered it terrible, story-wise.

    Since you said it's terrible, I'm assuming it's Jaws 3.

    which was originally filmed and shown in movie theatres in 3-D and was actualy
    titled "Jaws 3-D".

    Waterperson77, Jul 7, 2004
  5. Aphelion

    jayembee Guest

    says...

    > If this is Jaws 2, a lot of people considered it as good or almost
    > as good as the first one.
    >
    > If it's Jaws 3, a lot of people considered it terrible, story-wise.
    >
    > Since you said it's terrible, I'm assuming it's Jaws 3.
    >
    > which was originally filmed and shown in movie theatres in 3-D and
    > was actualy titled "Jaws 3-D".

    JAWS: THE REVENGE is another movie entirely, the fourth in the series:

    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0093300/

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jul 7, 2004
  6. Waterperson77 () writes:
    > If this is Jaws 2, a lot of people considered it as good or almost as good as
    > the first one.
    >
    > If it's Jaws 3, a lot of people considered it terrible, story-wise.
    >
    > Since you said it's terrible, I'm assuming it's Jaws 3.
    >
    > which was originally filmed and shown in movie theatres in 3-D and was actualy
    > titled "Jaws 3-D".

    Jaws 1965
    Jaws 2 1978
    Jaws 3D/3 1983
    Jaws: The Revenge 1987

    I don't think anyone would put "revenge" in the title unless they meant
    the actual fourth film.

    The 3D one seems out of place, since none of the original actors appear
    in it. With the others, there is at least some continuity of actors.

    Michael

    Michael Black, Jul 7, 2004
  7. Aphelion

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Michael Black wrote:
    > Waterperson77 () writes:
    >> If this is Jaws 2, a lot of people considered it as good or almost
    >> as good as the first one.
    >>
    >> If it's Jaws 3, a lot of people considered it terrible, story-wise.
    >>
    >> Since you said it's terrible, I'm assuming it's Jaws 3.
    >>
    >> which was originally filmed and shown in movie theatres in 3-D and
    >> was actualy titled "Jaws 3-D".
    >>

    > Jaws 1965

    Correction: 1975

    > Jaws 2 1978
    > Jaws 3D/3 1983
    > Jaws: The Revenge 1987
    >
    > I don't think anyone would put "revenge" in the title unless they
    > meant the actual fourth film.
    >
    > The 3D one seems out of place, since none of the original actors
    > appear in it. With the others, there is at least some continuity of
    > actors.

    And Waterperson, almost nobody considers Jaws 2 as good as Jaws, though it's
    certainly not half-bad as 1970s sequels go (and not nearly as awful as Jaws
    3 or 4).

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Jul 7, 2004