    it. I know the extras are different...or more expanded.....but I just care
    about the movie itself. Is it the same transfer as the 25th anniversary
    edition?

    TSKO, Jun 13, 2005

  2. TSKO wrote:
    > With Jaws getting re-released yet again...I was wondering if there
    > are any differences as far as the audio/video as compared to the
    > previous version of it. I know the extras are different...or more
    > expanded.....but I just care about the movie itself. Is it the same
    > transfer as the 25th anniversary edition?

    HomeTheaterForum.com claims it looks about the same, but now
    it includes the DTS track. Plus yes, you should care that the full
    2 hour making of is included this time as opposed to the hackened
    1 hour version that is on the 25th anniversary.

    Well worth upgrading just for that alone. :)

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Jun 13, 2005

  3. TSKO

    TB Guest

    "Brian The Demolition Man Little" wrote:

    > TSKO wrote:
    >> With Jaws getting re-released yet again...I was wondering if there
    >> are any differences as far as the audio/video as compared to the
    >> previous version of it. I know the extras are different...or more
    >> expanded.....but I just care about the movie itself. Is it the same
    >> transfer as the 25th anniversary edition?

    > HomeTheaterForum.com claims it looks about the same, but now
    > it includes the DTS track. Plus yes, you should care that the full
    > 2 hour making of is included this time as opposed to the hackened
    > 1 hour version that is on the 25th anniversary.

    I have the original DTS release on dvd. Is that one a full bitrate audio
    track or not? I'm guessing the new version will not be a full BR DTS track,
    right?

    Also, wasn't there a rights issue with some of the music on the original
    release that prevented the same music from being used on most of the home
    video versions that have been released in the last decade or so? Has that
    been rectified?

    T.B.

    TB, Jun 13, 2005
  4. Brian The Demolition Man Little <> wrote:

    | HomeTheaterForum.com claims it looks about the same, but now
    | it includes the DTS track.

    What I want to know is whether or not it has the ORIGINAL mono
    soundtrack available. The previous dvd added new foley effects
    to the soundtrack, and didn't give you the option of listening
    to the real thing.

    --
    "My readers are intelligent: I don't write for stupid people."
    - Philip Pullman

    Geir Friestad, Jun 13, 2005
  5. Geir Friestad wrote:
    > What I want to know is whether or not it has the ORIGINAL mono
    > soundtrack available. The previous dvd added new foley effects
    > to the soundtrack, and didn't give you the option of listening
    > to the real thing.

    HomeTheaterForum's review confirms that the original mono is
    included on this edition. :)

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Jun 13, 2005
  6. TSKO

    Biz Guest

    http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=497

    Good site to bookmark....

    Biz, Jun 13, 2005
  7. TSKO

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "TSKO" <> wrote in message
    > With Jaws getting re-released yet again...I was wondering if there are
    > any differences as far as the audio/video as compared to the previous
    > version of it. I know the extras are different...or more
    > expanded.....but I just care about the movie itself. Is it the same
    > transfer as the 25th anniversary edition?

    The video transfer is the same. The new disc contains both the DD 5.1
    and DTS 5.1 tracks that were previously available separately, and also
    includes the original mono soundtrack with its original sound effects
    (not included on any of the older DVDs). In the supplement section, the
    making of documentary is presented in its full 2-hour uncut length,
    rather than the abridged 1 hour version given before.

    Joshua Zyber, Jun 14, 2005
  8. TSKO wrote:
    > With Jaws getting re-released yet again...I was wondering if there are any
    > differences as far as the audio/video as compared to the previous version of
    > it. I know the extras are different...or more expanded.....but I just care
    > about the movie itself. Is it the same transfer as the 25th anniversary
    > edition?

    The picture looks about the same. I did an A-B with the 25th
    anniversary edition and notice maybe a teeny bit less contrast, and a
    tiny tiny bit more picture clarity, but nothing to get excited about.
    You won't even notice it probably.

    As for sound, they've upped some of the sound effects on the crappy new
    mix that came with the 25th anniv. edition, but it's still godawful.
    Whoever redesigned the sound effects for stereo should be shot. Moments
    like the shark breaking into the cabin to confront Brody at the end or
    the actual explosion itself are wussy, though the volume is turned up a
    bit more now.

    HOWEVER, the good news is that they've now included the original mono
    mix. I know for some anything with the word "mono" in it is distasteful
    in this age where we like to be surrounded by fifty speakers when we
    watch a movie, but I find the mono effects, dated though they are, still
    work the best.

    Oh, and you do know that this IS the special Director's Cut of Jaws,
    don't you, where it's revealed that the shark is really Hooper's father,
    and the shark shoots first because Quint shooting first would be
    considered uncool.

    ....Just kidding.

    John

    The Man Behind The Curtain, Jul 29, 2005