Jaws 30th Anniversary Edition - any info?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jim S., Apr 2, 2005.

  1. Jim S.

    Jim S. Guest

    From what I have read, it will be a 2-disc set. Any chance the entire
    original Laserdisc documentary will make it onto this, rather than the
    edited mess that came with the original DVD release?

    --
    Jim S.

    Jim S., Apr 2, 2005

  2. Jim S. wrote:
    > From what I have read, it will be a 2-disc set. Any chance the entire
    > original Laserdisc documentary will make it onto this, rather than the
    > edited mess that came with the original DVD release?

    I'm just hoping for better video quality.

    Brian The Demolition Man Little

    Brian The Demolition Man Little, Apr 2, 2005

  3. Jim S.

    RichA Guest

    On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 18:11:22 -0600, "Jim S."
    <> wrote:

    >From what I have read, it will be a 2-disc set. Any chance the entire
    >original Laserdisc documentary will make it onto this, rather than the
    >edited mess that came with the original DVD release?

    It would be good, but you could always dupe the LD documentary onto
    a DVD too.
    -Rich

    RichA, Apr 2, 2005
  4. Wow, yet another edition of Jaws. Hey, I hope on disc 2, they have a
    series of interviews where people talk about how the shark didn't work.
    Excuse me while I roll my eyes.

    Rupert Pupkin, Apr 4, 2005
  5. Jim S.

    Mike Guest

    Yet another? This is the second...

    Mike, Apr 4, 2005
  6. Jim S.

    Guest

    Don't forget how they filmed in cold weather and how freezing the water
    was.

    , Apr 4, 2005
  7. Jim S.

    Steve K. Guest

    So how much was actually missing off the original laserdisc documentary?
    20 minutes? An hour? I've only seen the documentary on the 25th
    Anniversary disc. The one on the laserdsic was supposed to be longer.

    Maybe they'll keep adding back in a few minutes to the documentary every
    5th anniversary disc until it's all back in by the 50th?

    Steve K., Apr 6, 2005
  8. Jim S.

    Jim S. Guest

    "Steve K." wrote:

    > So how much was actually missing off the original laserdisc documentary?
    > 20 minutes? An hour? I've only seen the documentary on the 25th
    > Anniversary disc. The one on the laserdsic was supposed to be longer.
    >
    > Maybe they'll keep adding back in a few minutes to the documentary every
    > 5th anniversary disc until it's all back in by the 50th?

    The original documentary is 2 hours and 20 minutes long. It is incredibly
    detailed and in chronological order. It is the best documentary I have seen
    on DVD so far. The one on the 25th anniversary DVD is terrible edited and
    seems all chopped up, especially after viewing the first one.

    --
    Jim S.

    Jim S., Apr 7, 2005
  9. Jim S.

    reidca Guest

    Jim S. wrote:
    > "Steve K." wrote:
    >
    > > So how much was actually missing off the original laserdisc

    documentary?
    > > 20 minutes? An hour? I've only seen the documentary on the 25th
    > > Anniversary disc. The one on the laserdsic was supposed to be

    longer.

    > > Maybe they'll keep adding back in a few minutes to the documentary

    every
    > > 5th anniversary disc until it's all back in by the 50th?

    > The original documentary is 2 hours and 20 minutes long. It is

    incredibly
    > detailed and in chronological order. It is the best documentary I

    have seen
    > on DVD so far. The one on the 25th anniversary DVD is terrible

    edited and
    > seems all chopped up, especially after viewing the first one.
    >

    > --
    > Jim S.

    they've done this a few times.. cuckoo's nest doco is shorter on dvd
    than on ld, bits of the ET doco were dropped on the DVD (Han Solo's
    deleted scene maybe?). might be *length* issues, or rights.....

    reidca, Apr 7, 2005