    vb Guest

    I have zone alarm telling me that javasys.exe is trying to access the
    internet. Might be a silly question, but what is javasys.exe?

    vb, Oct 7, 2004

  2. 1) Download the following item...

    Adaware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    2) Update Adaware with latest definitions.
    3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
    4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
    5) Using Adaware SE, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete
    any parasites found.
    6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using Adaware
    7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
    System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    8) Reboot your PC.
    9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
    10) Please report back your results

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Oct 7, 2004

  3. vb

    Rich Guest

    On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:37:35 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

    >1) Download the following item...
    >
    > Adaware SE
    > http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    >
    >2) Update Adaware with latest definitions.
    >3) If you are using WinME or WinXP, disable System Restore
    > http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/DisableSysRestore.htm
    >4) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
    >5) Using Adaware SE, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete
    > any parasites found.
    >6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using Adaware
    >7) If you are using WinME or WinXP,Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any
    > System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
    >8) Reboot your PC.
    >9) If you are using WinME or WinXP, create a new Restore point
    >10) Please report back your results
    >
    >Dave

    Its not spyware its sun java trying to access the net. Some java
    program you've installed is accessing the internet.

    Only program I use that does this is Azureus.

    Rich

    Rich, Oct 9, 2004
  4. What if an infector was renamed to be the named file; javasys.exe ?

    This is often the case of SVCHOST.EXE which is the target name (or variations of it) of many
    infectors and parasites.

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Oct 9, 2004