    (temporarily of course) and ensured that the defaults were on in the
    Advanced menu.

    It still gives the same message. Any ideas how to solve this? Thanks.

    Qintin, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Qintin

    °Mike° Guest

    I'm assuming you mean the free security update CD
    from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp

    Try cleaning out your cache (see my signature), and
    make sure that your firewall (or any other program) is
    not preventing Javascript/ActiveX.

    On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 16:47:22 +0100, in
    <c9i8fq$aa6$>
    Qintin scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Qintin

    Qintin Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > I'm assuming you mean the free security update CD
    > from:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp
    >
    > Try cleaning out your cache (see my signature), and
    > make sure that your firewall (or any other program) is
    > not preventing Javascript/ActiveX.

    Nice webpage. Yes, I did that and history and cookies. And I turned Zone
    Alarm off. And ensured that in Tools all scripting ones were set to 'yes'.

    I really have no idea why I get this:

    This CD requires that JavaScript be enabled for your Web browser.

    If you need help re-enabling JavaScript for your browser, click here.

    Which refers to this page:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN;Q174360&LN=EN

    Qintin, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Qintin

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 18:14:11 +0100, in
    <c9idih$q9q$>
    Qintin scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm assuming you mean the free security update CD
    >> from:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp
    >>
    >> Try cleaning out your cache (see my signature), and
    >> make sure that your firewall (or any other program) is
    >> not preventing Javascript/ActiveX.

    >Nice webpage.

    Thanks.

    > Yes, I did that and history and cookies. And I turned Zone
    >Alarm off. And ensured that in Tools all scripting ones were set to 'yes'.
    >
    >I really have no idea why I get this:
    >
    >This CD requires that JavaScript be enabled for your Web browser.

    As a matter of interest, what browser are you using?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 1, 2004