    saying enable javascript what am I looking for?

    frustrated
    Charlie

    c.caswell, Dec 14, 2003

  2. fucking go to http://support.microsoft.com and fucking search for yourself
    stupid bitch.

    Cletis.

    "c.caswell" <> wrote in message
    news:3bOCb.105492$_M.558810@attbi_s54...
    > HI
    >
    > My name is Charlie and I need help adjusting my javascript. I did what

    the

    Cletis Perkins, Dec 14, 2003

  3. c.caswell

    °Mike° Guest

    Tools / Internet Options / Security tab. Highlight the
    Internet and press 'Default level'.

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:30:55 GMT, in
    <3bOCb.105492$_M.558810@attbi_s54>
    c.caswell scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 14, 2003
  4. c.caswell

    c.caswell Guest

    CLETIS PERKINS PLEASE READ

    Hey Cletis,
    This is Charlie, I just want you to know that I'm a 17 yr old female who
    just got this computer from my father SFC Caswell who is currently in
    Baghdad. I don't know much about computers and trying to learn how to use
    the army instant messenger service so I can talk to him and this stupid page
    shows up saying we cannot connect because your java settings are wrong. You
    have no respect to talk to me or anyone else that way. Specially someone you
    don't know and that web page gave me no help but thank you.

    c.caswell, Dec 14, 2003
  5. Re: CLETIS PERKINS PLEASE READ

    Did °Mike°'s instructions help?

    Courtesy of °Mike°:

    Tools / Internet Options / Security tab. Highlight the
    Internet and press 'Default level'.

    I pray your father returns home safely from Baghdad and thank him for
    me. I don't agree with this war, but I don't blame your dad. He is just
    following orders.....;o(

    "c.caswell" <> chiseled in stone, the following
    words news:1mRCb.385944$ao4.1283223@attbi_s51:

    > Hey Cletis,
    > This is Charlie, I just want you to know that I'm a 17 yr old female who
    > just got this computer from my father SFC Caswell who is currently in
    > Baghdad. I don't know much about computers and trying to learn how to
    > use the army instant messenger service so I can talk to him and this
    > stupid page shows up saying we cannot connect because your java settings
    > are wrong. You have no respect to talk to me or anyone else that way.
    > Specially someone you don't know and that web page gave me no help but
    > thank you.

    > "Cletis Perkins" wrote ...

    <schnippen troll drivel>

    --
    @}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
    www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com

    @}-}-------Rosee, Dec 14, 2003
  6. c.caswell

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 04:07:25 GMT, c.caswell wrote:

    >Hey Cletis,
    >This is Charlie, I just want you to know that I'm a 17 yr old female who
    >just got this computer from my father SFC Caswell who is currently in
    >Baghdad. I don't know much about computers and trying to learn how to use
    >the army instant messenger service so I can talk to him and this stupid page
    >shows up saying we cannot connect because your java settings are wrong. You
    >have no respect to talk to me or anyone else that way. Specially someone you
    >don't know and that web page gave me no help but thank you.

    "Cletis" is a troll, and "talking that way" in order to get the exact kind of
    response you gave him. Ignore him. There is a java forum at Javaworld:

    http://www.javaworld.com/columns/jw-qna-index.shtml

    as well as a Q&Q section and a Tips index. If you don't find anything in the two
    latter places, you can always ask in the forum. Someone should be able to help
    you there, if you don't receive anything that helps in 24HSHD.

    And I hope you get it fixed soon. It sounds as if you miss your father very
    much.

    "Hope this helps."

    >"Cletis Perkins" <****@****.com> wrote in message

    <snipped trollshit>

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, Dec 14, 2003
  7. c.caswell

    Brian H¹© Guest

    c.caswell said:

    > Hey Cletis,
    > This is Charlie, I just want you to know that I'm a 17 yr old female who
    > just got this computer from my father SFC Caswell who is currently in
    > Baghdad. I don't know much about computers and trying to learn how to use
    > the army instant messenger service so I can talk to him and this stupid page
    > shows up saying we cannot connect because your java settings are wrong. You
    > have no respect to talk to me or anyone else that way. Specially someone you
    > don't know and that web page gave me no help but thank you.

    First off, never let anyone know how old you are, and never use an unmunged
    address when posting.
    Secondly, Cletis will need to find another way of hijacking the service he was
    using.
    He didn't stop posting because he felt remorse.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 14, 2003
  8. Re: CLETIS PERKINS PLEASE READ

    c.caswell Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <1mRCb.385944$ao4.1283223@attbi_s51>:

    <info snipped.>

    1) Never post any personal information about yourself. You have no
    idea who you are talking to, or whether they are a danger or not.

    A while back, I ignored this advice and befriended someone. After
    almost a year of talking, she started to believe that I betrayed her
    somehow.

    For the rest of my life, I have to look over my shoulder online and
    in real life. This crazy woman tried to destroy my marriage, find out
    where I work so she could get me fired, and has threatened to kill
    me. She has recently gone on a rant and then suddenly disappeared 3
    days ago. I have no idea if she's on her way here or not right now...
    I have spent the last 15 months now removing any personal information
    of mine, but it may be too late.

    2) I recommend "munging" your e-mail address. For instance, if you
    look at mine, it has the "remove" at the end. This is so you won't
    recieve a lot of spam...

    3) There are those on the net who, well, think they are "e-thugs".
    They troll and try to stir up trouble. Like the kid jumping up and
    down yelling "look at me", they are best ignored... <G>

    4) As far as the java settings, I assume you are using Internet
    Explorer. From the desktop, try right clicking on the IE icon. Left
    click on "properties" then the "advanced" tab. Click on "restore to
    defaults" and see if that helps.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Dec 14, 2003
  9. c.caswell

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:39:39 -0500, Thund3rstruck wrote:

    >c.caswell Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    >proclaimed in <1mRCb.385944$ao4.1283223@attbi_s51>:
    >
    ><info snipped.>
    >
    >1) Never post any personal information about yourself. You have no
    >idea who you are talking to, or whether they are a danger or not.
    >
    > A while back, I ignored this advice and befriended someone. After
    >almost a year of talking, she started to believe that I betrayed her
    >somehow.
    >
    > For the rest of my life, I have to look over my shoulder online and
    >in real life. This crazy woman tried to destroy my marriage, find out
    >where I work so she could get me fired, and has threatened to kill
    >me. She has recently gone on a rant and then suddenly disappeared 3
    >days ago. I have no idea if she's on her way here or not right now...
    >I have spent the last 15 months now removing any personal information
    >of mine, but it may be too late.

    Have you notified the local police about this?

    --
    Two minutes is, to me, 2 minutes too many. Trolls thrive on
    attention... starve them, and they die pathetic, lonely little deaths.

    Mara, Dec 14, 2003
  10. Re: CLETIS PERKINS PLEASE READ

    Mara Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <>:
    > Have you notified the local police about this?

    They know. Also, no one is going to be home for a few days. She is
    going to have a hard time finding me too...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Dec 14, 2003
  11. c.caswell

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:54:28 -0500, Thund3rstruck wrote:

    >Mara Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    ><>:
    >> Have you notified the local police about this?

    > They know. Also, no one is going to be home for a few days. She is
    >going to have a hard time finding me too...

    Good. I'm somewhat relieved - although I'll be _more_ relieved when she's caught
    and is given the professional help she so obviously needs.

    "I hope this turns out for the best for you."

    --
    "Here, Outlook Express, run this program." "Okay, stranger."
    --Clifto, nanae

    Mara, Dec 14, 2003
  12. c.caswell

    c.caswell Guest

    THANK YOU EVERYBODY

    Hello,

    You all mentioned about mungeing email address how? and thanks for your
    support in helping getting it to work. Also for the help with what info to
    say.

    Thanks.
    Charlie

    c.caswell, Dec 14, 2003
  13. c.caswell

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Dec 14, 2003
  14. c.caswell

    Mara Guest

    Re: THANK YOU EVERYBODY

    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/munging-address/

    >and thanks for your
    >support in helping getting it to work. Also for the help with what info to
    >say.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >Charlie

    <snip>

    Mara, Dec 14, 2003
  15. c.caswell

    nemo2 Guest

    Re: CLETIS PERKINS PLEASE READ

    Hi Thunder3rstruck

    Be careful about simple munges like just adding remove, I used the
    address spambots are getting cleverier. That
    address gets loads of spam, it's an address that I just use for
    newsgroups so I don't mind.

    Regards

    nemo2

    nemo2, Dec 15, 2003