JavaScript, WRML plug-in and Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Maurice, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. Maurice

    Maurice Guest

    Good day,

    I try to find an explanation for a curious behavior of Firefox.
    The page
    http://www.georgehart.com/virtual-polyhedra/conway_notation.html
    has a "polyhedron generator" (program written in javascript) which is
    supposed to start a VRML plug-in to visualize the polyhedron in a new
    window (to test the plug-in you may use a direct link on the image).
    The VRML fie is well generated, but FF, Netscape 7.2 ... (IE passes the
    file to FF!) are not able to use it. The strange thing is that the old
    Nestcape 4.8 managed it very well.

    I noticed that the VRML viewer uses a structured .wrl text file, with
    end of line codes (probably CR/LF), and that FF consider it as one line
    file.

    Any idea to explain that? ... and to correct it?

    Maurice

    Maurice, Mar 29, 2005