    C:\ProgramFiles\Opera7\profile\cache4\opr01ukg.htm\0000000a.js
    What kind of virus might this be? Why does McAfee say the file cannot be
    deleted? Can I just manually delete it?
    Bill Lang, Apr 12, 2004

  2. Bill Lang

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:20:41 -0500, Bill Lang wrote:

    >I received a McAfee alert stating this virus is on my machinge: 0000000a.js

    That's the file name not a virus name?

    >McAfee said the virus cannot be cleaned, deleted or quaranteed. McAfee said
    >the complete file name is...

    Was Opera running at the time? If so the cache file may be in use.

    >C:\ProgramFiles\Opera7\profile\cache4\opr01ukg.htm\0000000a.js
    >What kind of virus might this be? Why does McAfee say the file cannot be
    >deleted? Can I just manually delete it?

    How about quitting Opera and deleting the cache directories, everything
    under cache4 (keeping the cache4 directory?

    Even try under Preferences / History and Cache / Empty now.
    Other choices, cache - off, empty cache - on exit. Exit Opera check for
    the file again then reset your cache to enabled etc after that file is
    gone.

    Then again it could be a false positive,

    Don't rely on 1 single scanner.

    Ripped from Mike posts.
    ============

    AV