    downloaded, installed it (every option), and rebooted and I'm still
    getting this box. :( I went into the options ans Java IS enabled.

    Anyone know what the problem could be?

    Axl, Dec 18, 2003

  2. Axl

    Axl Guest

    I think I see whats happening...I opened IE (so I could use a java site)
    and i see a Sun Jave console option under tools..is it in installing to
    the wrong browser???

    Axl, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Axl

    :: brian :: Guest

    Axl wrote:
    > I think I see whats happening...I opened IE (so I could use a java site)
    > and i see a Sun Jave console option under tools..is it in installing to
    > the wrong browser???
    >
    > Axl wrote:
    >
    >> Any time I attempt to run a page with a java applet, popup, etc, I get
    >> the "click here to download this plugin" box in its place. I have
    >> downloaded, installed it (every option), and rebooted and I'm still
    >> getting this box. :( I went into the options ans Java IS enabled.
    >>
    >> Anyone know what the problem could be?

    Did you install the registry patch? You can it here:
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resources/firebird-jre142-fix.reg
    Save the link, and then merge it to your registry.

    --
    Brian

    :: brian ::, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Axl

    Axl Guest

    Axl, Dec 19, 2003
  5. Axl

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Axl wrote:
    > I didnt know I had to do this...never did before.....
    >
    > Where does it go? I'm not too familiar with messing with the reg.
    >

    >>Did you install the registry patch? You can it here:
    >>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resources/firebird-jre142-fix.reg
    >>Save the link, and then merge it to your registry.

    Save the file to your disk, find the saved file, double click it. That
    will automatically install the patch to your Windows registry.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 19, 2003
  6. Axl

    Axl Guest

    Ah very easy...and it worked!

    Thanks all. How was I supposed to know to do that? Did I miss something
    as far as installation instructions?

    Axl, Dec 19, 2003
  7. Axl wrote:
    > Ah very easy...and it worked!
    >
    > Thanks all. How was I supposed to know to do that? Did I miss something
    > as far as installation instructions?

    You can read here:

    http://forums.mozillazine.org/

    That is the only way I knew to install Java, and Flash.

    --
    Brian

    : : b r i a n : :, Dec 19, 2003
  8. Axl

    David Warren Guest

    Axl wrote:
    > Ah very easy...and it worked!
    >
    > Thanks all. How was I supposed to know to do that? Did I miss something
    > as far as installation instructions?

    Be warned though, the odd java applet may not work if it uses ActiveX.
    I've only come across this instance once. Not many sites I visit use
    java, just when I do, I hate seeing the download plugin thing. And I'm
    on a bloody 56k, took a while to download the runtime. :)

    - David

    David Warren, Dec 20, 2003